KS: Hemp Oil Shop Opens In Topeka

Ron Strider

If you're looking to get high, don't walk into Jason Todack's Hemp Oil shop.

"I've had 18-year-old kids walk in here and think it's going to get them high and and we explain what exactly it is and it's like oh they don't spend anything," Todack said.

Todack sells cannabidiol, known as CBD, which is extracted from the hemp plant and known for medicinal effects like pain relief, anti-inflammation, and anti-anxiety.

He got involved in CBD when he developed nose polyps.

"Within a six month period I shrunk them down to where I could smell they weren't clogging them," Todack said.

He says it's legal because CBD doesn't contain any THC - which is responsible for psychoactive effects in marijuana and illegal in Kansas.

"Before we're able to sell it in the state of Kansas the THC has to be pulled out," Todack explained.

Vince Sanders founded American Shaman in 2015. He imports the hemp from Norway and extracts the oil in Kansas City, Missouri.

Both Todek and Sanders say the hardest park is education.

"People are becoming more aware all the time. But the first year or so was education of no this is not pot it's not THC, it doesn't get you high," Sanders said.

For now both Todack and Sanders say they've seen it change lives.

"I've seen stage four cancer patients come in here and they're looking for hope. I've seen stage two go in remission," Todack said.

There are gray areas within Kansas law regarding cannabis, even without THC. But those at American Shaman believe they're on the right side of the law.

CBD_Oil_-_GETTY_IMAGES.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Hemp oil shop opens in Topeka
Author: Tiernan Shank
Contact: WIBW 13 News | Topeka, Manhattan, Emporia, Lawrence | Kansas News Leader | WIBW - Station - Contact Us
Photo Credit: GETTY IMAGES
Website: Topeka, Manhattan, Emporia | Kansas News Leader | News, Weather, Sports | WIBW 13 News

Back
Top Bottom