Leave the phones home

Just because I'm paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get me.

I always, as in always, carry the minimum when I am traveling to make deliveries. I carry my drivers license, registration (to a corporation) proof of insurance, and original doctors recommendation when I am delivering. I carry a burn phone that has never been used to dial out, or received a call. That is all. No more. No less.

And the one time I got stopped I spoke ONLY to confirm the data on those documents. I did not answer any questions about "Where you been, where you going, what's in the camper shell" none of that. I limited my comments to: "You do not have my permission to search me or my truck. I stand by my fifth amendment rights and will not speak to you." and "Please don't put the cuffs on too tight, I have arthritis."

They 'detained' me for about an hour, searched (and found), and then let me go.

I never used that truck for that purpose again.

~ Auggie ~

If you use the Tor browser you can login here and stay completely anonymous, but you do have to log back in every time you open the browser.

Don't visit the Tor website or download the browser from your home because you WILL be tracked. Uncle Sam monitors the IP addresses of everyone who visits the site and allegedly places those people on their big terrorist watchlist. But don't worry,:laughtwo: you're still free.:rolleyes3

since were on the topic - i noticed if i hide my IP address i can not log into to 420 mag - Such a pain that you cant keep yourself secure - does anyone have anything they use that still lets you log in while hiding your identity - If I hide my IP then its just resets to the main page every time i log in

How do you hide your IP address. Do you use a VPN.
Have you heard of a VPN?
There are plenty of companies out there, usually costs $5-$20 a month.
You download a little program to your computer, that routes your internet through a different server elsewhere in the world.
You get a new IP address assigned to you while the program is running, and you can usually choose the country where you want to appear from. I'm in Australia, but as far as the internet is concerned, I'm currently in Toronto, Canada.
Another excellent feature is, all my internet traffic is encrypted between me and the VPN providers server.
If anyone was to trace my IP, it would come up as a server in another country, and everything i do is routed through them and encrypted, so no one can see what I'm looking at.
Works fine on this site. Never had a problem.

I use a company called 'private internet access', $4.95 a month i think.
But there are plenty of other companies out there.

I'd say it's exactly what you're looking for.

You get a new IP address assigned to you while the program is running, and you can usually choose the country where you want to appear from. I'm in Australia, but as far as the internet is concerned, I'm currently in Toronto, Canada.

I use a company called 'private internet access', $4.95 a month i think.
But there are plenty of other companies out there.

I'd say it's exactly what you're looking for.

Tor is absolutely free and does the same thing. If anyone is monitoring me today, they'll be looking for me in the Gulf of Guinea.

Tor is absolutely free and does the same thing. If anyone is monitoring me today, they'll be looking for me in the Gulf of Guinea.

I have heard of Tor. But as you mentioned in a previous post, if you attempt to get it through official channels, they may track you. I've heard that before, and was a little put off by it.

From what i understand, the US gov created Tor and fund it. It may sound paranoid, even though it shouldn't with all the things that the NSA are known to do, but perhaps there is a back door written in to it. I don't know, but i just thought it might be better to keep a low profile and use a VPN. I'm not much of a techie.
Not that I do anything that would warrant much attention, other than browse this site, and undertake the suggestions of its members.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Don't visit the Tor website or download the browser from your home because you WILL be tracked. Uncle Sam monitors the IP addresses of everyone who visits the site and allegedly places those people on their big terrorist watchlist.

If that's the case, how do you sign up to use their browser without putting yourself at risk?

Back
Top Bottom