LED - CFL question!

Joebob69

I think I already know the answer to this.. And I'm sure it's a stupid question...

First time closet grower here..I am planning on using a 300w led to grow 2 plants, but I was thinking of doing 3-4 plants I'm not sure yet..my question is, can i use the led light plus a couple cfl if I decide to grow 3-4? Or will the cfl light drown out the led? Like I said probably a stupid idea, but I thought I'd ask! Thanks!

The cfls won't "drown out" the LED light. They will supplement each other as long as their placement allows for such a thing.

The cfls won't "drown out" the LED light. They will supplement each other as long as their placement allows for such a thing.

Ok cool thanks! Do you think this light will work in a 2x5x8 closet for 3-4 plants, with also adding a few cfl?? Or is it too small? Thanks!

9822.JPG

You're going to need a few of those in there. The number I hear for LED is 35w/sqf. 3 plants, 2 lights, and some supplemental cfl would work great. Two plants, 1 light, .... Cfl would work too. Then again, an all cfl grow with 1 supplemental LED works too!

keep the cfl at 3 or 4 inches directly on top of seedling/plants and get as big a LED as you can ,more light =more yield, low light low yield

Back
Top Bottom