LED light

Hibiscus

420 Member
So in my effort to try and get everything set up correctly I mistakenly left my light on the bloom channel. I didn't realize this until it was time for the flower stage. Would this affect the veg stage growth or does it not really matter? I've read that some leave both veg and bloom channels on during flower stage. Is this a good thing to do?
Thanks for any advice.

One might guess that, because you've just switched your light schedule to a flowering one and, therefore, you have just observed your plant(s) go through the entire vegetative growth phase:

You would be the person most able to answer your own question.

And...

Your plants are fine.

The only likely effects of having both switches turned on throughout the veg phase are:

• Slightly greater internodal spacing.
  • Significantly greater rate of growth.
  • Significantly more growth.
  • A greater yield at harvest time.

IMHO, of course.

Oops, I forgot one: Your electric bills were a little higher than they would have otherwise been.

Turn both switches on, lol. Unless paying your electric bill is a real struggle, you require your plants to stay as small as possible, you wish to limit your harvest yield to less than what it could have been, et cetera.

I don't even know why manufacturers include a switch that disables half(±) of the output of their grow lights, especially when so many of them are relatively low-powered (≤450-watt) devices. I mean, in theory, there are several reasons - some of which are even valid ones. But in practice...

My guess is that a manufacturer did this thing, the marketing department wrote a nice ad, and the product sold well - so most other manufacturers decided to jump on the wagon, too.

Back
Top Bottom