Legalize Medical Marijuana In Florida

Robert Celt

Sometimes, the pain is unbearable. Often it's tormenting, but managed by concentrating on something pleasant as a distraction. Mostly it's debilitating, constant, and difficult to endure. It will never go away; it is incurable. This pain is mine.

I refuse prescription drugs because they are poison, as admitted and described by billion-dollar pharmaceutical companies. Damages to healthy parts of the body are probable, so doctors prescribe another drug to combat symptoms suffered. I know several people who take 15-plus drugs every day; drugs they are told will make them feel better; drugs that cost them much of their income; yet they often feel worse.

Most long-term prescription drugs do not heal, but are a form of bandage with a temporary "fix," until another ailment appears, very possibly caused by currently consumed drugs. What now? Another drug, which the liver must absorb and process, is prescribed. I sincerely believe that scare tactics are used to intimidate patients who fear they may die if they refuse medication.

As I grew up, my family members were rarely ill. I've never suffered the common cold and didn't have chicken pox, had strep throat once, and German measles. When I was feverish, my mother gave me a children's aspirin, rubbed Vicks on my chest and put a warm cloth inside my flannel pajamas to contain the heat. No drugs. The necessary tetanus shot, a cough drop, and love.

My point? Legalized medical marijuana. Everyone who is misinformed and against having this drug available to those who needlessly and endlessly suffer should take the time to become educated. It is important and could make a major difference in quality of life for many.

I have never smoked pot or used hallucination drugs. I don't drink alcohol, never smoked (killer) cigarettes, and resent the fact that most doctors "push" drugs which are proven to cause serious health issues and even death.

Marijuana is obviously not for everyone. It doesn't involve smoking a "joint" or using a "bong" (pipe), it doesn't mean getting stoned. There are many forms and ways to get relief from and treatment for devastating, continuous pain and illnesses. Privately, silently,

offending no one. Non-addictive, regularly monitored, safely prescribed to those who cry and suffer; those who agonize as they awaken to another day.

Learn the benefits marijuana offers to those who are terminally ill and those afflicted with horrific pain, including migraine headaches and arthritis.

Yes, this pain is mine. I wish it on no one, but I wish for understanding and legalization of medical marijuana.

cannabis-legalization.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Legalize Medical Marijuana In Florida
Author: Joanie Welch
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom