Light cycle harming my plants?

AthenasBaby

Okay I know that this is not the traditional grow situation but please bear with me for a moment. I got a little something from a friend and was blessed with one seed. Out of curiosity I bought a little clay pot and some seedling potting soil and put her(?) on my balcony for three weeks. Oh she grew wonderfully. I work nights so it was hard to determine how much sun she really got but I'd say about 5-6 hours of good morning sun. She's never been watered with tap water but rather with rainwater and I'm thinking about water from my turtlearium for some nutrients. well, she got too big for the balcony so I brought her inside and out her inside the stand for a 75 gal aquarium. pics to follow. I got all kinds of "advice" from well meaning people and now I have a problem. For one I heard that you have to trim the leaves with less than five points. I was an idiot(?) and now I have a really tall plant that looks unlike ANYTHING I see on any forums. She's got some purple in her smaller stems, some yellowing that I think is some kind of problem I'm causing. I'm going to put her in a bigger pot and see if she has any root rot. I know I've been a bad parent but I know I can change so with a helping hand I can help another baby grow big and strong for the cloning!! Thanks so much for the help I receive in advance.

its a grape ape plant, sativa I think
she's two months old and now on a 24 hour light cycle.
I've been dropping in a red trout worm once a week, it's live when I drop it in so I dunno if they are all dead or what.
I water her with rain water every three or four days depending on how light the pot is.
I have an aged, stable turtle pond with two healthy turtles, and when I clean the pond I want to use the water to fertilize. I'm gonna PH test of course to see if its any good but, I'm sure its got nitrates in it and some ammonia plus Ive got plants growing in the pond so there's organic matter from that too. I'd also like to know if eggshells will do me any good.
I've also got a blacklight, a walmart flourescant 2ft bulb and an incandescent for a temporary light setup until I can get a actual setup. The lights sit about 6 inches from the top of the plant and I have a small fan blowing on her. As soon as I figure out how to turn on the pic posting I want to post as much as I can to learn more. Thanks!

Athena:thumb:

Okay I know that this is not the traditional grow situation but please bear with me for a moment. I got a little something from a friend and was blessed with one seed. Out of curiosity I bought a little clay pot and some seedling potting soil and put her(?) on my balcony for three weeks. Oh she grew wonderfully. I work nights so it was hard to determine how much sun she really got but I'd say about 5-6 hours of good morning sun. She's never been watered with tap water but rather with rainwater and I'm thinking about water from my turtlearium for some nutrients. well, she got too big for the balcony so I brought her inside and out her inside the stand for a 75 gal aquarium. pics to follow. I got all kinds of "advice" from well meaning people and now I have a problem. For one I heard that you have to trim the leaves with less than five points. I was an idiot(?) and now I have a really tall plant that looks unlike ANYTHING I see on any forums. She's got some purple in her smaller stems, some yellowing that I think is some kind of problem I'm causing. I'm going to put her in a bigger pot and see if she has any root rot. I know I've been a bad parent but I know I can change so with a helping hand I can help another baby grow big and strong for the cloning!! Thanks so much for the help I receive in advance.

its a grape ape plant, sativa I think
she's two months old and now on a 24 hour light cycle.
I've been dropping in a red trout worm once a week, it's live when I drop it in so I dunno if they are all dead or what.
I water her with rain water every three or four days depending on how light the pot is.
I have an aged, stable turtle pond with two healthy turtles, and when I clean the pond I want to use the water to fertilize. I'm gonna PH test of course to see if its any good but, I'm sure its got nitrates in it and some ammonia plus Ive got plants growing in the pond so there's organic matter from that too. I'd also like to know if eggshells will do me any good.
I've also got a blacklight, a walmart flourescant 2ft bulb and an incandescent for a temporary light setup until I can get a actual setup. The lights sit about 6 inches from the top of the plant and I have a small fan blowing on her. As soon as I figure out how to turn on the pic posting I want to post as much as I can to learn more. Thanks!

Athena:thumb:

Okay, wow. This is not a traditional setup. AT ALL.

So, it's going to be hard to tell you what to do since it sounds like you might not have the resources to do the things master growers do or the ability to do the things us regular growers do.

First things first, you need nutes of some sort. The organic stuff you're using is probably okay for this grow, but if you want to ever grow more than one plant, you need to use more.

Eggshells can help, but they seem to be better in bigger grows, not in a one pot setup.

The lights? Black light is a no-no. You have to remember that you want to simulate the growing cycle that a plant might have outside - and black light isn't something they would normally experience. That's for raves, not growing. LOL

You also need to get away from fluorescent. In a pinch, they'll work, but they're also not growing light. HPS are the best for this, in my opinion.

You really need to spend some time reading the basics of MJ growing since it sounds more like you're just trying out a lot of things without any basis for your choices.

"Marijuana Horticulture" by Cervantes is the best.

Hello You should read the section on how to grow,then the, faq, I do not want to sound like the bad guy but read up, pick a growing style you can live with and then start over.good luck
br

Back
Top Bottom