Lighting issues

Cbeazy95

Hello, my animal cookies are on day 32 of flower. I left the lights on an extra 5 hours by accident. What should I do? Should I just let them have extra hours of dark? Also i been reading that i should be gradually reducing the light during flower. Down to 6 hrs light 18 hrs dark. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

First off you need a timer if you don't have one. They are cheap so spend a little extra to get one that can carry all the power you are going to be sending through it. Bigger is better in this case.

Other than that just make sure they are back on schedule and stay that way. That small oops won't hurt anything. More lighting problems could cause hermies to pop up.

Get back on your regular 12/12 schedule and you should have no ill effects.

I've never heard of a 6/18 light schedule in bloom, and I wouldn't try it. I always go to 11/13 for the final two weeks of bloom to boost resin production, maybe try that. But 6 hours is way too little in my opinion.

I have been dropping my power back the last weeks of flower. I don't know if I have seen much difference. I think it helps push them to finish more than it will add any resin. It helps save on power and the last weeks they don't need intense light like they did before.

The one way to add resin that might just work is putting the plants in total darkness for 3 days. I know for sure it doesn't hurt. I do think it has helped at times. I have trimmed some pretty gooey plants after they came out of the darkness. This just might help the plant push out anything it has left in its tank out to resin. Like I said I have did it enough to know it won't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom