Long Time stoner...newbie grower

grandpastoner

I have been a stoner for close to 34 years. And I am about to start growing for the 1st time. I found a growth closet equipped with lights, 2 fans, and hydroponics for about $300.00. But there is no CO2. I have read that this is necessary and speeds growth. Is there a cheap and more important, SAFE way to create CO2 ? And how much is the right amount ? The dimensions of the closet are 24x24x60.

Thanxxx for any help...:roorrip:

co2 is not neccessary but can speed growth when used correctly. Personally I feel you should learn to walk before you try to fly. Learn how to grow. Dial in your room with ventilation and watering/feed scheduals and get a feel what strain you like best and how it grows and then once you have a better understanding get advanced with co2.
Oh..by the way...your link is going to get deleted. Those ebay links eventually die and we end up with posts galore with dead links in them so we only allow links to trusted site sponsors. And $300.00 for that box is highway robbery. If your mechanically inclined in any way you could build that for about half what he's selling it for.

First of, welcome to the forum. Second, consider your situation, not every living arrangement is well suited to growing especially if you have others in the house that aren't down with growing or if you rent. Third, remember this, LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. That is the best advice we can give you. It's real tempting when you got awesome plants in full flower to want to show them off or tell people you grew the dank nugs you're smoking. It will get you respect, more importantly IT WILL get you busted. I'd venture to say that 90% of people that get busted can't keep their mouth shut and tell the wrong people. Everyone's on a need to know basis and the more you tell the more likely you'll get busted. You're far better off saying you got a good dealer and avoiding possible snitches than trying to gain respect as a grower. It only takes one time for someone to get busted and tell the cops hey I know a guy that grows pot if you cut me some slack. Remember, what you are about to embark on IS against the law and can carry some swift penalties so weigh your options, if you decide your situation is well suited to growing without a whole lot of people knowing and you can do it somewhere where there's not a lot of foot traffic then get on the "Grower's Wagon".

As Racefan said, you're getting into really complicated growing techniques by introducing CO2 and it can be dangerous if done incorrectly or if you don't know what you're doing. I think you'll find in time you can do just as good without CO2. Being a first time grower wanting to do hydro, you're already up to a huge challenge to figure out what the plant likes, what it doesn't and how to maintain your grow room and nute solution. You'll find that with the money you'll spend on nutes, pH meters, TDS meters, calibration fluids, growing medium and everything else you'll need or want to have, you won't wanna spend anymore money for a CO2 setup.

Don't worry about the CO2 for now, you'll do just fine without and got enough on your plate doing hydro for your first grow, trust me, I'm on my first hydro grow and its a PITA sometimes but amazing at the same time. Growing is addictive, I enjoy it just as much as smoking the rewards, if you build a connection with your plants and care for them correctly, they'll reward you in the end. Learn the finer points of hydro, ask questions and I'd even suggest picking up a few books about growing marijuana in hydroponics. I recommend getting Jorge Cervantes Medical Marijuana Grower's Guide. There's a LOT you need to learn about hydro, ventilation, pH, nute solutions and everything else before you can worry about CO2 and the unneccessary grow room "enhancers." It's not just dump some water in the reservoir, pour in nutes and let it the plant do it's thing, I think it's going to be a lot more complicated than you're thinking but part of the fun part is the learning curve. Don't expect great things on your first grow, keep a journal and keep the focus on learning and becoming one with the plant and what it needs to thrive. Plan to screw up a lot and learn even more. Good luck in your endeavors!!!!

Back
Top Bottom