Lookin for silk screen.

I just wanna make a kief collector and thats what the instructions say to use. Do you think that is too small or should I get something bigger?

Anyone know where to get a good wooden box with a glass top? Ive been to a few places and haven't found anything yet.

silkscreensupplies.com....or if you live in los angeles....there's a spot called Screen depot. on Main st. and Washington in Downtown LA they cater to screenprinters but the y will have every kind of screen there.

145 micron seems small I've always heard 100 was optimum too much smaller and you don;t let enough pass through. Any bigger and you get vegetable matter, (green keif) 100 should get you plenty of pretty golden powder.

if you've got the time and money try em both out and give us a review... you can have different grades... just like bags minus the water

Thanks for the help headmed much appreciated and I will. I think Im going to have to try and make my own wooden box, don't know how well Ill be able to make it but Ill give it a shot lol. :rollit:

carpentry is fun. What kind of tools do you have...?

Mider saw? (or just a hand saw and mider box?)

It seems that a store bought picture frame would be a good place to start. (glass and frame come sized and cheap)

remove the glass from the frame... replace with screen (staple or block down), and place glass under your new frames screen for collection. now we just need something to protect the space in between... some 1"X3" would be perfect.

If you have either of the above tools..

use the glass as a template, and mark out you lengths of wood... (mark at corners of glass.) make the marks the inside of a 45 (wheres the little circle button) degree cut. glue the sides together... and glue or clamp the picture frame to the top to prevent "rackking" .

straight 90 degree cuts can be used ... just don't forget to compensate for overlap.

carpentry while high is fun... don't forget to count your fingers....

next week dovetail joints

Lol thanks I think Ill stay away from saws when Im high so I dont have to count my fingers afterwords lol. I just have a minder saw. I was going to go with the picture frame idea. The box Im going to make will be for my humidor. Once I got my box made I can then make my screen, that way I get picture frames that fit snugly in my box.

please just call screen depot in los angeles. he will make you a screen setup for real cheap. you spend like $12 depending if you want wood frame or metal.....then just make a box outta MDF(wood) or some'n and put some hindges and a gasket where the box meets the frame of screen....ill try to draw you a pix. is real easy.

doesn't matter....he will send it out to you for less then $20 depending if you want an aluminum frame or wood. Im a screenprinter so i know for a fact that this guy has it. or just look up a screen printing place near you. they will have them in stock.

Sorry to revive an old post. I am looking to make a shaker box. Is the 100 micron the one to use? Just looking to get some screen and wanted to know for sure the best size screen. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom