LST Grow - In their 2nd week of flower - are they too bushy?

Fitz87

just entered 2nd week into flower, concerned bout the amount of leaves on them, are they overgrowing? I dont k ow and would like to someone to help. The stems are all tied down and starting to go upwards still. Does any of the stem thats in shade get any bud at all? will the leaves feed the stems to create bud colas? just wondering because if thats the case all I will end up with is just little top heads bacause a lot of stem in horizontal not a lot vertical. Have i even done this right? Im using 600w hps with lightmix soil biobizz nutes.

20150316_090858.jpg
20150316_090853.jpg
20150316_090846.jpg

Re: LST grow.......in there 2nd week of flower, are they too bushy??

someone please???

They don't look too bushy man. I haven't been doing this for too long, but from what I've read, once the flowering stage begins, find your canopy and you want to keep as many of the shoots as level as possible so they all receive equal light. Most grows that I've looked at they trim the lower fan leaves and branches that don't get much light so the plant pushes that energy towards the main colas instead of wasting it on popcorn. So I wouldn't even worry about the buds lower down the stem man try to get the plant to focus as much of its energy as possible on the canopy. Hope this helps.

-ChiefMaryJane

hi thanks for reply. so I can tie them down all level. What about the stems near colas? will they cover in bud also, when there shaded from overcrowded leaves? do you think the bud will grow all down the stwms even if they are shaded? I dont want just 3cm of buds at tops lol

thanks

hi thanks for reply. so I can tie them down all level. What about the stems near colas? will they cover in bud also, when there shaded from overcrowded leaves? do you think the bud will grow all down the stwms even if they are shaded? I dont want just 3cm of buds at tops lolthanks
They don't look too bushy man. I haven't been doing this for too long, but from what I've read, once the flowering stage begins, find your canopy and you want to keep as many of the shoots as level as possible so they all receive equal light. Most grows that I've looked at they trim the lower fan leaves and branches that don't get much light so the plant pushes that energy towards the main colas instead of wasting it on popcorn. So I wouldn't even worry about the buds lower down the stem man try to get the plant to focus as much of its energy as possible on the canopy. Hope this helps.

-ChiefMaryJane

Greeting Fitz!

I wouldn't worry about anything, where everything looks like it is on the right track!

im just wondering tho northern dank, where all the tops are, will all bud shoot down the stems I ask because they stems of tops are shaded? thanks
Greeting Fitz!

I wouldn't worry about anything, where everything looks like it is on the right track!

hi thanks for reply. so I can tie them down all level. What about the stems near colas? will they cover in bud also, when there shaded from overcrowded leaves? do you think the bud will grow all down the stwms even if they are shaded? I dont want just 3cm of buds at tops lol

thanks

Yeah, bud will grow on the lower parts just not to the same extent as up top. Small size/ popcorn buds. Have you ever heard of the scrog set up? It stands for screen of green. My journal is like in the 5th or 6th page in, and you can see what im trying to do. The screen creates an even canopy for the stem and branches to produce buds. when you do this, instead of growing one main cola, you spread the plants hormones and auxins to all of the branches that are even with the canopy. This can give you 6-12-18-32- or more main colas, but the more main colas, the smaller the buds. What I'm trying to say is, since you're doing an indoor grow with only light from above, focus all of the plants energy to the budsites that get the light. When you leave the lower buds, ya you'll have more buds but that takes size out of your main colas considerably. sorry if I wasn't very clear, hope this helps.

-ChiefMaryJane.

If you decide to keep the lower budsites, consider adding supplementary lighting.

They are just about how they should look but on the outward inward you can pluck some leaves so you'll uncover some lower buds :lot-o-toke: Let me explain it better :) Check if there are any budsites underneath these thick indica leaves and if there are any just pluck the leaf that covers them. You're gonna up the yield too that way.

Back
Top Bottom