Maine's Annual Medical Marijuana Expo Underway

Jacob Redmond

The 4th annual Home Grown Maine expo kicked off this weekend at the Augusta Civic Center. It's a medical marijuana trade show for companies that sell pot related items.

Medical Marijuana Caregivers of Maine started the trade show to educate people about the health benefits of marijuana.

Patients say pot changed their life. "My doctor said I was a nut for trying medical marijuana, they said the tumor would come back and kill me within the first year and now I'm a four year survivor. This is truly a medicine. We are helping a lot of people. We have cancer patients, aids patients, pain patients getting off from opiate addiction. There's a lot of good stuff happening in this industry," Frank Lumay, patient, said.

Sunday is the last day of the expo. Around 1,500 people are expected to attend this weekend.

14675.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Annual medical marijuana expo underway - WGME - Portland ME Top Stories - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic
Author: Web Staff
Contact: About WGME - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Home - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME

Back
Top Bottom