Make canabutter from your vaporizer elbow

winterline

Hi everyone!

I made a post a while back asking if anyone knew if this idea of mine would work, turns out it works brilliantly!!

SPREAD THE WORD :)

[video=youtube;Zsn8uQdwcco]
[/video]

one question, how bad does it smell just having an exposed bowl of ISO saturated with resin just sitting around?

ok two questions. how did the cookies taste? does it taste like smoking resin?

I kept the bowl covered at all times with a bit of plastic wrap, so there was no smell except when I uncovered it to put in and takeout the elbow and screen, then it just smelled of rubbing alcohol while it was open, no real issue there.
I put the bowl outside for evaporation so I only guess it smelled like alcohol as it evaporated. Once the main bulk of the alcohol evaporated it took another couple of days of stirring the 'hash' to release the absorbed alcohol, it smelled of alcohol for a few days but then that smell pretty much disappeared. The cookies had zero taste of anything bad , just tasted like cannabutter, what ever little bit of alcohol was left in the 'hash' would have evaporated in the heat while making the cannabutter. Cannabutter only tastes good, or has no bad/strong taste if you wash it 4-5 times anyway. All you would know is that there is that cannabutter taste, and because of the washing it's very very mild. Before i learned about washing, I needed to wash the cookie down with water, and that was with no 'hash'.

Agreed, but how to extract it? If you use some sort of vapor soap then how do you get rid of the soap taste?
If you use alcohol, then you run the risk of it dissolving a bit of the tube and getting plastic in your butter. After I vape, I let the tube hang and some of the vapor condenses and collects at the mouth piece, I take some weed scraps, soak it up and put it with my vaped weed. I just don't know how to get the condensed vapor in the middle of the tube with out some sort of damage/taste issue.

I let the vaporizer heat up which liquidates the thickness of the vaporized cannabis in the tube. I then cut off the mouth piece and let it slowly drip into warmed peanut oil. It has a bitter taste, but it works well.

Thats mad Ive seen it done with just fan leaves before but seemed a bit pointless to me as the guy did nt even use one bud not sugar leaf but I think he was trying not to waste anything I think, I just smoe mine as baccy mixed with bud. DD

Back
Top Bottom