Male? Female?

bubbajake420

hey guys, i have a question about sex of my plants, they are really not big enough to tell at the moment, but i want to be ready for when the time comes.they are around 6-7 inches, was just wondering how and when abouts i should tell, i tried asking some people but never got any good straight answers, all help is appreciated
-bubba

alright thanks for the info, i was aiming for a fairly decent size plant, i have an entire room to work with so height of plants are not really a problem. at the moment i am going 24/7 with the light, say when they get around a foot, a foot and a half go for the 12/12? just looking for a decent plant to give some decent personal so help appreciated
-bubba

My experience is this:

24/7 is was a waste of electricity. I have tried both and found little to no improvement. I run 4 T5 lamps for veg and cutting 42 hours a week off of my bill made a substantial difference in cost savings with no impact on growth rate. I have never tried veging with smaller lights, maybe then it might be useful to run 24/7 due to the lower light levels.

If you have the space then let your plants veg until they pre-flower. I have always been able to tell sex with a 8x jewelers loop before sending to flower. Their are some good pictures on this site that will show you what to look for. I like to let my ladies veg for a couple more weeks after sex is identified. Any additional time in veg will just give you a larger plant in the end. Keep in mind some plants or even just a branch, might turn hermy if they get too stressed, especialy feminized seed. You should always be looking for male parts until you start cloning your healthy females.

This is just what works for me.

ah, well i am not exactly sure how much one four foot floro uses for electricity wise, but i heard from some others to do the 24 until you see the sex, then start 12/12, i have a couple different going at the moment, i think i am going to try different methods and see which is the best
thanks for the help
-bubba

Back
Top Bottom