male or female? that is the question

Eh, If your not sure, Kill it! It only takes one male or hermie to pollinate everything in the room. Then you'll be harvesting seeds. True females look like true females.
You can leave it in your flower room and check it a couple of times a day, when they start to really show it's easy to tell m from f. You could also move them to another place, where pollination isn't an issue until you make a positive ID. Just keep on a 12/12 sched.

They are sure looking female, but I'm sorry, I just can't tell by looking at those pictures. :peace:

Eh, If your not sure, Kill it! It only takes one male or hermie to pollinate everything in the room. Then you'll be harvesting seeds. True females look like true females.
You can leave it in your flower room and check it a couple of times a day, when they start to really show it's easy to tell m from f. You could also move them to another place, where pollination isn't an issue until you make a positive ID. Just keep on a 12/12 sched.

thx for response Gadgetman728, i'm pretty sure i have 1 fem cause it looks exactly like other pics of fems in the gallery. the one i was sure was a hermie because of the sacs , i got rid of. i got 2 more plants left, 1 is just sprouting hairs and the other one looks just like the hermie, almost to be twins except no sacs yet,keeping a close eye on that one. also i wish a had another place to move the suspicious one but i dont.:thanks::smokin:

They are sure looking female, but I'm sorry, I just can't tell by looking at those pictures. :peace:

hey RooRman, thx for taking a look at the pics. i knew they would probably be too fuzzy but i thought i'd take a chance because i wanted a professional eye to maybe see something. they sure do look fem tho. by the time i get a good camera i might have puffed them up lol.but i really appreciate the effort, really.:thanks: by the way can i get any kind of high out of a hermie being their both male and female:cheesygrinsmiley:?:smokin:

by the way can i get any kind of high out of a hermie being their both male and female:cheesygrinsmiley:?:smokin:

Yeah, you can get kind of high from a hermie, but it's totally not worth it.

From what I can see in the pics, the one behind the one you are holding looks like a hermie - hard to tell for sure without better focus, but the extra green below where the hairs are sprouting looks like male flowers to me. Try taking pics from a bit further away - the background is in better focus than the plants.

You do have some time... but like the others have said, when in doubt, throw it out. I've gotten kind of ruthless with my garden, but it saves time and gives more light to the plants that will reward you later...

Yeah, you can get kind of high from a hermie, but it's totally not worth it.

high obx, actually the one in the back is another branch on the same plant. the first plant i threw out is an exact twin of this one all the way down to the height and color. they both grew at the same time, grew same height, started buddin the same time. the only difference is one grew sacs and the other didnt. as for the pics........i need a new camera. when i back up the picture shrinks tremendously.one last thing obx, there are so many buds on this plant it should be a crime. do males always bud up like that or is it just hermies.idk but its just a shame to flip all those buds. thx man.

004148.jpg
005149.jpg

how about these then.:smokin: i tried to post pics

Try holding a piece of paper or a book behind the bud when you try to take a picture of it. Your autofocus will then not be so easily tricked into focusing on the floor or a reflection in the mylar.

Try holding a piece of paper or a book behind the bud when you try to take a picture of it. Your autofocus will then not be so easily tricked into focusing on the floor or a reflection in the mylar.

i tried but it seems my thumb came out clearer. i think its my cell phone. i need a good camerea, ur pics were clear as day.thx munkie:smokin: ps the pics are in the gallery

i tried but it seems my thumb came out clearer. i think its my cell phone. i need a good camerea, ur pics were clear as day.thx munkie:smokin: ps the pics are in the gallery

Well it was worth a try. The focal length on the lens of the camera phone is most likely fixed into one position and I doubt it is focused as a macro lens. You would need to get it about arms length to get the focus right. There are cheap and decent digital cameras out there. Keep your eyes peeled for one. Check out craigslist too.

Back
Top Bottom