Marijuana and how long before driving?

XLE420

I was just curious, how long after smoking should you wait? To be considered 'sober' and not a dui (California doesnt have drugged driving laws)

I was just curious because I will be going to a party tonight and want to know how many hours before I should stop, so I can drive to it. I wont be smoking bud or drinking at the party, so that isnt a problem. I always clean up well before I leave, so smell isnt an issue at all.

Thanks guys :peace:

as long as you can handle it you could really drive right after you smoked because theres no way they can tell unless you admit it...but thats IF you could handle it.

Good question... I would just wait until the effect is gone. How long does your bud high usually last. Different buds where off at different rates.

GODhelpUS said:
as long as you can handle it you could really drive right after you smoked because theres no way they can tell unless you admit it...but thats IF you could handle it.

I could get stoned off my ass and still drive, but I dont do that anymore.

Im just worried about someone hitting me. Say some idiot t-bones me and I have to go to the hospital and I have 'active THC' in my system. Then Im getting DUI cause of some other idiot.

Key West- Im usually nice and high for 30-60 then it goes down after that. I usually wait atleast 2 hours and Im fine. Im just curious if I should wait longer. I should be going to the party around 10-11 and dont plan on staying any later then 1 or 2am.

I just want to be 100% safe. I CANT get in trouble. I use weed for pain, but Im not yet medical, so getting in trouble usually equals probation and probation equals no medicine for awhile:smokin:

Thanks for the replies :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

They won't really ever drug test you if your a victim of a car accident and have to go to the hospital but whatever just be safe do what you feels good.

im a good driver while high, it makes me relaxed and not stressed so i just drive slowly and safely but when im sober i like to drive fast. but sometimes i zone out into the music and end up in the wrong lane or something haha

Since there's no "breathalyzer" for active THC, and since blood tests can turn up traces weeks after use, you'd probably have to fail a sobriety test. At least to get convicted.

Now, in Ohio, we have a wonderful thing called "zero tolerance per-se" laws! If you're tested for any reason - whether you caused an accident or the cop is just being a dick - you can get charged for having even trace amounts in your bloodstream! This effectively makes it illegal for people who smoke pot to drive a car. Ever.

I don't recomment driving stoned at all.. You're reflexs are worthless and bad judgement calls can be made very easily. If you are use to driving stoned then it's a different story, but still not HIGHly recommended...

How long after you smoke should you wait? It all depends on you, your tolerance, how potent the bud is, how much did you consume.. I think the best thing might be for you to take a little nap once you feel the stoned go down and then wake up feeling fresh and sober.

Well I try not to drive until about an hour after I smoke. I used to do the whole smoke a blunt while riding around thing. I hated doing that though. One time I was so high I stopped at a light, thought it changed to green and ran the light.

Don't drive until you're sure you're not stoned anymore. I think it's cool you're being so responsible-if more stoners were like you we wouldn't get such a bad rap.

If more stoners employed people we wouldn't get such a bad rap. As far as driving high, just get someone else to drive. Its not as bad as driving drunk, but I have had old ladies honk their horn at me for driving well below the limit.

I just wait till I've got my normal senses back, after I eat and have a smoke and wait for a bit then I'm good to drive.

Driving high isn't the problem, Im just worried about the legal side of the issue. I used to drive around, hitting the bong/blunt/joint/pipe and be just fine. But since then, I've decieded it just isn't worth it.

If Im doing regular daily driving, I wait an hour or two and Im fine. I was just worried last night because there was supposed to be a bunch of grad parties going on and I was gonna be out late.

What I did was layed down for 45 minutes, showered then took off and everything was fine.

If you want to smoke and drive then I'd suggest using a joint or blunt, that way there's no paraphenalia charge. As long as you're not too high I've seen cops let off people who were smoking a joint and driving (small possesion or consumption charge). Check the laws in your state.

Back
Top Bottom