Marijuana Can Beat Alzheimers

dagermankid14

Everyone check this out.....Its nice.

Cool Cannabis: Marijuana Can Beat Alzheimer's

According to a recent study at the Ohio State University, marijuana can help reduce memory loss and fight the onset of Alzheimer's! The perfect excuse for the next time you're caught smoking a joint.

"Sir, is that marijuana I see on the dashboard?"

"Yes officer, I'm Alzheimer's-proofing myself."

That's not far if the scientists at the Ohio State University are correct. The shocking study found that a daily puff of marijuana can reduce memory loss in old age and fight Alzheimer's!

According to researchers, certain elements in marijuana can be good for the aging brain by reducing inflammation, and might even stimulate the process of formation of new brain cells! The study suggests the development of a prescription drug which has certain properties similar to those of marijuana and might help prevent, or at least delay the onset of Alzheimer's.

The exact cause of Alzheimer's is still debated, though chronic inflammation in the brain is believed to contribute to the signature memory impairment. The new drug would primarily have properties resembling those of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, the main psychoactive substance in the cannabis plant, though it would not have its high-producing side effect.

Although this is a step forward for all cannabi-fans around the globe, it could take a while to convince the authorities that smoking a joint is good for you. Thus, the writer advises not to pull the "Alzheimer's-proofing" line the next you're pulled over...

Source: HealthMad
Author: Amit Goyal
Copyright: 2007 Stanza Ltd.

My father had alz. and specifically ricks and he tried THC and it didn't help. It added to his confusion and distress. :(
I do think it could help but it needs to worked on by scientists.

Back
Top Bottom