Marijuana Debate At KU

Johnny

The argument for legalizing marijuana included using the drug medicinal purposes, while the opposing argument included the potential health risks of smoking marijuana.

Although the debaters share very different views about the use drug, both agree money is wasted jailing people for possession.

"There's five hundred billion dollars a year in illegal drugs that would not exist if these were legal and available to adults in pharmacies and liquor stores, all the money could be going to the government and established corporations and paying taxes, instead it goes to criminals who use the money to corrupt our system," said Hager.

"My argument of course is Steve gives all these intellectual sounding arguments of why marijuana should be legal, he leaves out the one reason most of these kids want it to be legal, they don't give a damn about hemp, they want to get stoned and not be hassled by the cops.. So my argument is very simply the potential negative side effects ain't worth it for another recreational drug of choice," said Stutman.

The two men have become friends after debating the issue for nearly eight years.

News Hawk: Johnny: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KSNT
Author: Hannah Wooldridge
Copyright: 2008 KSNT NBC 27
Website: Marijuana Debate at KU | KSNT.com - News, Weather, Sports

Seems to me the way it is ain't working,that if the gov.would take the steps needed to keep it out of the hands of dealers and regulated,taxed,that our youth would not have the chance to get it so easily, like it is with alcohol,yes kids do get alcohol but not like they would if it wasn't regulated,so it's time to change the laws and do what the Majority is asking for.You can not completly stop our youth from smoking anything or trying anything so get it out of the hands of the dealer and into more responsable hands.
It's to important to all of us that use this drug responsibly for our quality of health to KEEP it out of our CHILDREN'S hands or lungs in this case.

Back
Top Bottom