Marijuana Dispensaries Banned In Highland

The moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries in Highland will become permanent next month.

The City Council voted 5-0 Tuesday night to give final approval to an ordinance banning the dispensaries. There was no discussion.

The decision came nine months after the council first imposed a moratorium on the dispensaries and three months before the moratorium was due to expire.

The Highland City Council is one of a growing number of governments to ban dispensaries either permanently or temporarily. Among the others are San Bernardino, Yucaipa, Loma Linda, Beaumont and San Bernardino County. Earlier this month, the Calimesa City Council extended what had been a 45-day ban through Oct. 19, 2010.

California communities have been enacting bans after the U.S. Supreme Court declined in May to hear challenges by San Bernardino and San Diego counties to a law enacted by state voters in 1996 decriminalizing the use of marijuana for medical purposes.

In a report prepared for the Highland council last month, city planners noted that federal law still prohibits the possession and sale of marijuana. They also cited a California Police Chiefs Association report "detailing the negative secondary effects associated with medical marijuana dispensaries."

Medical marijuana advocates have contended that dispensaries are legal under state law and that banning them will force medical marijuana patients with legal permits to buy marijuana on the black market.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Press-Enterprise
Author: DARRELL R. SANTSCHI
Copyright: 2009 Press-Enterprise Company

So Hate is law. Let's see Federal says no more problems with medical states.. Allows D.C. to enact their Medical Cannabis and we still have the Haters passing laws to Hate Medical People.

I guess we just have to visit these places and have a smoke out!

Wouldn't it be funny if flash mob medical cannabis protests happened in these towns..

Like 5 buses pull in and everyone gets out and smokes a joint..

I am kidding naturally as that would be expensive to say the least.
I will keep meditating for change.

So Hate is law. Let's see Federal says no more problems with medical states.. Allows D.C. to enact their Medical Cannabis and we still have the Haters passing laws to Hate Medical People.

I guess we just have to visit these places and have a smoke out!

Wouldn't it be funny if flash mob medical cannabis protests happened in these towns..

Like 5 buses pull in and everyone gets out and smokes a joint..

I am kidding naturally as that would be expensive to say the least.
I will keep meditating for change.

Wrong as that is against the law... but however let's see rally's letting these publically voted in minions be put on notice that they will not be re-elected.

Then I bet they will take notice.

Back
Top Bottom