Marijuana: The Best, Safest Painkiller

Truth Seeker

I hope the title gets most readers' attention. Marijuana works best for migraines, glaucoma, obstetrics and reasonably well for trigemprogeminal neuralgia. If it works well for those, it probably is the best. It is certainly the safest, as it has never caused deaths in about 5000 years of medical use, unlike the opiates and opioids, which have killed many thousands. It is also minimally addicting with minimal withdrawal symptoms when a patient runs out.

I have compared marijuana to an extensive list of medications and it is more effective as a painkiller than all but the strongest painkillers such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine, which are highly addictive and can cause death in withdrawal.

To clarify what I am writing about, here is a list of commonly used painkillers and why marijuana is better and safer; aspirin and NSAIDS, they are effective for mild pain but cause ulcers and gastric bleeding. About 500 patients die from these each year. Tylenol is another mild painkiller. Slight overdoses can kill the liver. The opiates, morphine, codeine, oxycodone and hydrocodone, work well but the constipating side effects, goofiness and severe addiction liability, are severe problems. The opioids, Demorol, Methadone and Fentanyl, not from opium, have specialized uses but are about as dangerous as the opiates.

Marijuana is better and safer.

There are a whole bunch of other types of medications used as adjuncts, which are not really painkillers. This includes steroids, Valium-like drugs, which cause sleep. Nitrites, for anginal pain, Gabapentin, (Neurontin) which is a powerful brain depressant. Cocaine, which usually must be injected, alcohol, which is a mild brain depressant, caffeine, which is a mild brain stimulant, and amphetamine, another mild brain stimulant, antihisamines, which usually are mild brain depressants, antidepressants, which also cause zombification, Clonidine, and Ketamine, which are also brain depressants.

When I compare the above to cannabis/marijuana, there is very little comparability.

Marijuana as medicine has been used for at least 5000 years, not only for pain, which is its main use, but also for about 50 or more medical problems in preference to any of the standard drugs used for those diseases.

The worst side effect from marijuana is sedation, but this property makes it extremely useful for insomnia caused by pain itself but also concurrent muscle spasms of skeletal muscle, but also intestinal and urinary muscles.

I have posted much more on this subject. You can search 'Marijuana Leveque'. Other recently posted articles not by me or about the use of marijuana for neuropathic pain, in which the authors wrote that even low grade marijuana was very effective for that. This will be very helpful and hopeful for millions of patients with diabetic or other types of peripheral neuropathy.

In Oregon, 70 percent of cardholders use marijuana for all types of pain.

MJ_Safest_Drugs.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: salem-news.com
Author: Dr. Phil Leveque
Website: Marijuana: The Best, Safest Painkiller - Salem-News.Com

Marijuana is medicine. Big pharm is so affraid of it and thats why
it's illegal. Big pharm meds kill more people than mj ever has.
And the only way its illegal if people sell their meds to non script people.
Whats wrong with that picture?

Actually big pham pain meds are regulated to death by the DEA.It has gotten to the point where many doctors are afraid to prescribe pain meds for people that really need them..Medical marijuana helps me alot, but I still need strong pain meds from time to time to break through the pain after which medical marijuana dose the job fine as a maintenance pain reliever. anyhow the point is I need both to live a somewhat normal life and oddly enough it's easier for me to get medical marijuana than it is percocet.

What would you rather your child find in a drawer? Deadly pills or safe, natural marijuana? What would you rather "overdose" on? Pills or weed? Having marijuana legal would make it much safer for children in a home with people who have medication. Marijuana will not harm a child in any way if consumed. And the smell would most likely turn the child away as it does my 7 year old cousin.So I think it's weed over pills any day. :)

Back
Top Bottom