Massive condensation problem, starting mold, just can't keep humidity down? help

bladesmith

just about done with run so can tear down in about a week so thats good, have 12x20x9 room, 6-1000w on mover no ducting, 8" intake with air going through boxed in area on top with ballasts in it to warm it up little first on timer, exhaust is 8" fan top corner of room on thermostat set at 78, have heater on all time and big wall fan in middle, concrete floor, panda film walls, 3-4x8 ebb/flow tables, 3-100gal tanks under them...now the prob, dripping water off walls, forming everywhere seems like, just cant keep humidity down with just leaving exhaust fan on and making room 60!! seems like heater never kicks off even with lights on, never had a room this hard to control, ran many dirt runs with no prob, switched to hydro and room is crazy, any of you old school guys got any ideas? room is in big 3 car garage with lots of room around it, do i need to heat entire garage? thanks for any info guys, i got some years under my belt and this one's stumping me...

Re: Massive condensation problem, starting mold, just can't keep humidity down??help.

You have answered your own question. It is the cold air from outside the room that is causing the moisture to form in the actual room. Think of it like a sweating soda can. Cold on the exterior walls of your grow room and inside where it is warm you are seeing the moisture change.

Hope this helps.

Re: Massive condensation problem, starting mold, just can't keep humidity down??help.

You have answered your own question. It is the cold air from outside the room that is causing the moisture to form in the actual room. Think of it like a sweating soda can. Cold on the exterior walls of your grow room and inside where it is warm you are seeing the moisture change.

Hope this helps.

Very true TG! I missed that part.

thanks for imput, got the dehu and sucker never shut off and room still pushed 70/80hum, opted to run bigger heater instead, going try switching thermostat to intake and timer to exhaust to make it move more air i guess, see what happens..

Good luck. :)

just saw new post, thats why i ran air through ballasts to cut moisture, think your right think its cold out warm in deal, just dont want to heat entire room, damn lid is 16' up...thanks guys, prob start using this site all the time...

just saw new post, thats why i ran air through ballasts to cut moisture, think your right think its cold out warm in deal, just dont want to heat entire room, damn lid is 16' up...thanks guys, prob start using this site all the time...

Yeah that would be fun to heat. Nice to have all that space but between electric and heat it could be a costly grow. :) Keep it green.

I would assume that there is some framing involved in the making of this room in the space. Have you thought of using 2" Blue board insulation out side the room to deter the cold/heat transfer? That may help you out.

thanks for imput it all helps, trying to find deal on 2" insulation sheets, going be ehspendy, yeah its framed in with 2x4's and osb, sucks hate it...prob needs full tear down....

I think the blue board will make the difference.

-UPDATE- r-30 insulate on lid, r-13 in all walls, added moisture block/anti-micro paper on outside walls, panda filmed the lid, used 2 cans spray foam in every crack i could find, added sealed double door, have 8" inline on 24h with speed control on very low to exhaust veg area, intake is 8" on thermostat, exhaust is 8" on timer set to kick on once a hour, seems to hold about 70-80 with lights on, but dropping to 60 with lights out, might have to baffle ducting to stop back drafting i guess? the difference is alot better enviroment, we'll see about power bill next...photos soon...

Nice upgrades. :)

Back
Top Bottom