Medibles and our pets - warning!

BuzzyB

High all! I have always heard that marijuana does not hurt pets. Well, I have found out differently and want to let folks who have pets to be aware! I was eating a cookie that I made and had to run to the kitchen. Forgot that I left half of my cookie on the bed. My dog (Morkie) ate it. That poor little boy had seizures all night long...well, it seemed like all night, but it went on for 5 hours...the time it takes for medibles to begin to wear off. So, keep it in mind friends! I was so worried that I was going to lose my best friend, just because he ate half of my med cookie. So please! Don't give it to your pets! Don't blow it into their snouts (like I have seen people do). It may look funny, but my pup went through sheer hell for 5 hours because I thought it was 'okay' and wouldn't hurt him anyway!
Thanks for reading and hope you pass it on! Thanks guys! Love and peace! :peace:

TsuToHOS;157463oH0 said:
was it a chocolate? cause that stuff kills dogs

No, there was no chocolate in the cookies. They were oatmeal with cranberries and pecans. Nothing in them that would hurt a dog....I am quite convinced it was the herb in the cookies. He had a teeny bit one night and he just got plain loopy, so when he 'stole' the half cookie, it was just way, way too much for my little poochie! My cookies are now 'high' on a shelf and no more eating cookies when my dog is on my bed. Lesson learned! Please take heed pet lovers! Thanks for your post TsuToHOS! Never give any animals chocolate!

Good thing he's ok now... my loyal cat has all kinds of issues, hips legs and paws are in pain, all the time. When she comes home with a limp and it don't go away soon, i'll give her some of my cookie. The piece i give her is smaller then my pinky nail. She does get nicely medicated but nothing like you describe.

I can physically see that she is in better spirits.I totally agree with you, this should not be for fun or lets see what happens kind of thing. For medical use i have no issues with it, used responsibly with our good friends.

Thank God your dog is alright and I'm glad to hear it. Cannabis is toxic to dogs. There should be more awareness proposed to patients from these people claiming to be "professionals". I know of some people who tossed some old edibles in a compost pile and it killed their dog after eating them. Even vets I have spoken with know it doesn't take much to kill a dog. I do not leave anything lying out on a table, ashtray, etc. Good house keeping is a must.

I have used my marijuana pain cream on several dogs with old age problems, they all responded extremely well. But in the pain cream, the amount of marijuana is minimal and adsorbed through skin, so maybe that's different.

Back
Top Bottom