Medical Marijuana House Robbed 4 Times

Weedpipe

420 Member
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - Medical marijuana is stolen from the same house four times over the last year.

The volunteers who grow the marijuana track every plant. In the most recent robbery, the thieves stole 9 plants. Each plant is estimated to cost $1,000 dollars. The plants are grown for medical marijuana patients.

"This isn't just some party place. This is a place where we are helping sick people, and I'm sure they wouldn't feel as good about what they are doing if they realized they were adversely affecting cancer, tourette, and crohns patients," said George DesRoches, a licensed marijuana grower.

The goal of the medical marijuana growers is to offer year round availability for free to the patients. So they re-create different temperatures and climates to keep the supply up no matter what season it is outside.

"It's extremely frustrating. Quite frankly I wish that I could sit down and talk with the young men, because we have actually seen them a few times. They appear to be young doing this. I would try to explain to them all the harm that they are doing," said DesRoches.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: WPRI
Author: Melissa Sardelli
Reported by: Walt Buteau
Copyright:2000 - 2009 TVL Broadcasting, Inc.

*some content has been edited to meet posting guidelines

My first thought is that they should be arrested for stealing medication. If they stole alcohol or a bottle of percosett they would surely be in some trouble. If we want people to take this stuff seriously then I feel this is a must. Maybe some cameras to deter them? You got to protect your patients....

Back
Top Bottom