Medical Marijuana Users Welcome News Of Roswell Distribution Center

The General

A medical marijuana dispensary will soon open its doors in Roswell, which could mark the end of hours-long drives for southeastern New Mexico medical marijuana patients. Compassionate Distributors of Ruidoso has been working to open a dispensary in Roswell for a month and the only thing the shop needs now is clearance from the state's Department of Health. Mandy Denson, co-owner of Compassionate Distributors, said a representative was supposed to perform the inspection Tuesday but rescheduled it for Wednesday. If the shop passes inspection, it could start servicing medical marijuana patients as early as next week, Denson said.

"I hoped that we can open in Roswell very, very soon," Denson said. The opening of the dispensary would mark the closest regulated medical marijuana dispensary to Eddy and Lea counties. "This is great news," said Robert Pack, president of the Southeast New Mexico Medical Cannabis Alliance. "It's a really good thing for patients to get access to their medicine." Pack added that the dispensary would also help make it safer for patients who won't have to rely on street dealers for marijuana. The nearest dispensary is Compassionate Distributors' location in Ruidoso.

Denson hopes the state's inspection would go smoother than her search for a building in Roswell. She said she experienced pushback from landlords who were not supportive of the marijuana business. "I did encounter a lot of negative attitudes from landlords when I was looking for places to rent," she said. "A couple of them were rude and hostile." Compassionate Distributors opened in October 2011 and Denson said the first thought of a possible expansion was last year in May. The dispensary purchased the building about a month ago. The shop would be located a couple of blocks from the alien museum, Denson said. "We started fixing the building last month and got on it and tackled it," she said. The dispensary also hopes to start delivering to patients in Carlsbad and Hobbs twice a month, Denson said.

The_Joint_Seattle.jpeg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Currentargus.com
Author: Jonathan Smith
Website: Medical marijuana users welcome news of Roswell distribution center - Carlsbad Current-Argus

Back
Top Bottom