Roswell Trying To Ban Medical Marijuana Sales Within City

The General

Roswell City Council could make a decision as early as Thursday night to ban medical marijuana distribution centers within city limits. KOB Eyewitness News 4 found out why one business owner in another town is watching the decision closely. Some city council members don't want medical marijuana sold in Roswell. But it sounds like medical marijuana users want something different.

"I have a lot of patients ask me when a store front is going to open up in Roswell," said Mandy Denson. Denson owns a medical marijuana shop in Ruidoso, the only one in the area. "A lot of our patients are ill. A lot of them suffer from chronic pain, there is a post-traumatic stress disorder, you have cancers, you have neuropathy," said Denson. Denson said some of the patients having to drive to Ruidoso are really sick. "You have people who are very uncomfortable spending long periods of time in their car," said Denson. Denson said she wants to open a store in Roswell and has even picked a location.

"I have a place in mind," said Denson. But she said if city council decides on a ban, not only will it squash her plans. "It is discriminating against some of the most vulnerable people that live in that area, the sickest and those that are most ill," said Denson. Some councilors said they want to follow the federal law that still considers medical marijuana illegal. Denson said she does deliver to Roswell once a week for a $15 charge. The city council meeting is Thursday night at 7:00 p.m.

Cannabis_Jars4.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Kob.com
Author: Lauren Hansard
Website: Roswell trying to ban medical marijuana sales within city | KOB.com

Back
Top Bottom