Medical Studies Continue to Show THC is Not the Only Useful Component in Marijuana

Marianne

Compounds in marijuana inhibit cancer cell growth in animals and in culture on a wide range of tumoral cell lines, including human breast carcinoma cells, human
prostate carcimona cells, and human colectoral carcinoma cells, according to
preclinical trial data published in the May issue of the Journal of Pharmacology
and Experimental Therapeutics.

Investigators at Italy's Instuto di Chemica Biomolecolare assessed the anti- cancer activity of various non-psychoactive cannabinoids - including cannabidiol (CBD), cannabigerol (CBG), and cannabichromine (CBC) - in vivo and in vitro. Researchers reported that CBD acts as a more potent inhibitor of cancer cell growth than other cannabinoids, including THC, and noted that the compound is particularly efficacious in halting the spread of breast cancer cells by triggering apoptosis (programmed cell death).

Cannabigerol and CBC also possess anti-tumor properties, but lack the
potency of CBD, they found.

"These results suggest the use in cancer therapy for cannabidiol,"
investigators concluded.

Newshawk: Happykid - 420Times.com

Source: NORML
Author: Paul Armentano.
Copyright: 2006 NORML

whoa im blazed right now im also havin trouble rememberin what i was goin to rite...............:hmmmm: ah, now bud can reverse cancer,,,another good reason to have this shit medically:smokin3:

I bite my nails, so my immune system is pretty fucking good. This probably makes cancer my biggest ultimate health risk, so I guess it's good that I smoke alot of ganja.

There's no news like good news, especially good weed news!

Back
Top Bottom