Missouri Marijuana Debate Expected To Draw Huge Crowd

The General

St. Louis - Wednesday night a huge crowd is expected to hear both sides of the passionate debate on whether to legalize marijuana in Missouri. The group trying to make pot legal is working hard to drum up support to change the law as early as next year. I will be the moderator Wednesday night, but Tuesday night I sat down with the both sides for a preview.

Show Me Cannabis Executive Director John Payne will face off with Sgt. Jason Grellner vice president of the National Narcotics Officers Coalition in an effort to inform the public about the pros and cons of making Marijuana legal in Missouri, not just for medicinal purposes but for recreational use. Twenty-one states and the District of Columbia now have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Illinois' new law allowing marijuana for medicinal purposes takes effect next month.

But Colorado and Washington state are the only two states to legalize pot for recreational use. Sgt. Grellner does not want to see Missouri follow in their footsteps. Payne's group Show Me Cannabis gave the secretary of state initiatives for legalizing marijuana and is now waiting to get the ballot language and begin polling the public. One of the big issues sure to be discussed at the debate is whether legalized pot will increase drug use with teenagers. Wednesday night's debate takes place at 7 o'clock at the Ethical Society on Clayton Road. I'm told law enforcement from across the state are expected to come to St. Louis Wednesday night for this debate as well as a strong show of support for those who want marijuana legal.

Shay_Legg_of_Northglenn_.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Fox2now.com
Author: Mandy Murphey
Website: Marijuana debate expected to draw huge crowd | FOX2now.com

Back
Top Bottom