Modesto Dad Turns To Medical Marijuana To Save Son

Truth Seeker

Jason David from Modesto chronicles the ups and downs with his 6-year-old son Jayden, who was diagnosed with Dravet syndrome, on a Facebook page called Jason and Jayden's Journey.

Jayden was diagnosed with Dravet, a rare form of epilepsy, when he was a baby. Since then, he has had seizures preventing him from walking, playing and living life.

"At one point Jayden had seizures 24 hours a day lasting an hour and a half," David said. "I went to my doctor and said, 'I don't think Jayden is going to last, he can't sleep, can't eat, he hasn't used the restroom, he can't do anything.'"

David said his son has been taken away in an ambulance more than 40 times. He's also taken 22 pills a day -- 12 different kinds and none of them worked.

David said it got so bad that he wanted to kill himself and put a gun to his head.

But now, those thoughts are long gone.

As a last resort, David turned to medical marijuana. Specifically, a liquid form that contains a component known as CBD.

Jayden's pediatrician prescribes it to Jayden and says the liquid form maintains medicinal qualities, while giving less of a high.

Jayden has been getting a few drops a day for the past two years and David said it's been a remarkable difference.

Jayden is the most independent he's ever been. He plays well, can walk and give his dad high fives, David said.

Cannabis_Leaf19.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: kcra.com
Author: Janey O.
Website: Modesto dad turns to medical marijuana to save son | News - KCRA Home

Back
Top Bottom