Motorcycle Chase Leads To Pot Bust

philadelphia slums education is really shining now. :bravo:key word in ur thread is small grow area!164 plans is no small grow area,and let me guess.u have some of this low cost high tech spyware?maybe they sell that at the walmart right outside philly,lol.any way my point was that the story to me seems incomplete.But then again real ****** know,believe half of what u see and none of what u hear. so next time miss me with that crazi talk.this lesson is free ,it cost u nothing pay me no mind!!:slide:

I think calling this guy a idiot without knowing details is a bit unfair.You all know
how lea are 164 plats may have been more like 20 growing clones and some
harvest .

A good friend of mine got busted grew about 15 plants a time (Killer Bud) anyway never sold any gave some away.But smoked alot .Hid girlfriend
helped him grow she lived with him they got in a fight and her son was a rat
went to the po po and they gave him marked money witch he gave to my buddy as he always owed him money .And he had some of his weed ,Search
time well the police drug all his stuff out on his front yard told the neighbors
he had guns oxycottin (witch was a scrip for his girlfriend ) ******* a safe
with hundreds of thousands of dollars scales.Left the stuff in his yard all day trashed
his house .

Well they charged him in the end with cultivation and drug abuse.all the other shit was hype ,they took his dully and his 20k in cash that he could prove was given to him in a will .Had to get a lawyer to get the truck back
never got the cash back.The moral dont think they ever tell the truth.
It just looks better when they lie.

what....? why does any of that matter?? Guns, "drugs", money......i have a small grow in my area, and i dont keep any of that sorta shit there......thats just increasing their ability to raise the penalties on me, why would you do that??? if you have a smart grow you dont need guns around, fuck other drugs, anf there are these things called safe depostit boxes you can put anything in......

Not everyone lives in a location where guns are looked at any differently than a knife, a power saw, or a dishwasher would be. They are all tools. Around here they are (rarely) used for self-defense, often kept just in case that need arises, and usually owned because the owner likes to pick his meat himself (and without all of the chemicals and growth hormones) or cannot afford the price of it.

Which is one reason that I wish the media would quit trying to sensationalize the fact that some people happen to own guns. It's one thing if it is a case of a gun being used in the commission of a crime. It's another thing altogether if a person gets busted and incidentally has a gun (or even several) on the premises. In fact, if the media wanted to mention the fact that such a person has firearms, they could make a point to mention that the person DIDN'T use or attempt to use them during the arrest.

I wasn't going to post this because the subject of this article IS a convicted felon and therefore isn't legally able to own firearms (another injustice), but chose to do so in response to the above post.

And NUBOOTI, please go back and edit your post. We try to keep things civil here at 420Magazine and while it's acceptable to (politely) attack (, debate, whatever) a member's posts, it is not acceptable to attack the member. Calling someone "stupid" would be in the latter category. (Thanks!)

I think calling this guy a idiot without knowing details is a bit unfair.You all know
how lea are 164 plats may have been more like 20 growing clones and some
harvest .

A good friend of mine

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but your friend himself sounds like a poster-child for what NOT to do when you're growing. :rolleyes:

I do hope he recovered - and learned - from the episode.

Growing up and living in the deep south is totally different from where its seems most of you are threading from. My occupation allows me to travel many of places. Living temporarily in some parts of the region,however I reside in the south,and I am deep rooted in it. With family stretching from the bigger cities to the most rural remote parts. With that said! I recently saw in a villie platte newspaper "cops make record drug bust". So I read on, the cops allegedly got a call for domestic trouble at th neighbors ,went next door for a witness statement. Whalla they allegedly seen grow equipment and therefore having probable cause to further investigate. Well they confiscated a couple thousand dollars worth of grow equipment ,and three seeds. Well u. know what they charged him with. Trip me out though how the officers were standing in back of the equipment smiling with blu blocker shades for the front page photo. Its a totally different creed down here its war on the citizens. In these cites ,parishes and counties everyone knows everyone there grandfathers and dads hunt or hunted together. Buy,do or say anything out of the ordinary and its on!hence the highest incarceration rate in the country. Needless to say hence the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world. I'm just throwing ideas out but isn't the purpose of this for medicine?maybe I'm the only one who needs medicine but that's my reason. Period. I mentioned those things because they mentioned felon,and the way they roll they tell it all if ur caught growing. (Unfairly). Now with everything said to say this man is cheap,idiot,shouldve couldve we first must know the truth. From the information received we can come to only one conclusion! Its a war going on to prevent us from obtaining our medicine ,and the slighest things will trigger and arrest no matter what u do. I believe by them not finding any other contraband this was his and a couple buddies head stash. But that's just my opinion. The game need change and I'm the cashier".

It does at times seem that the tightest of "good ol' boy" networks are the first to ostracize one of their own when the person does something that they might not approve of (and without giving the person a chance to explain/educate). Sad.

Oh, if the case with your friend was built upon nothing more than the cops seeing growing equipment, precedent has been set in this country that that alone is neither grounds for a bust OR a search-warrant. If that's the case, I hope his lawyer directed him to appeal. (Yes, I know that in locales like you describe the judge him/herself may well be a card-carrying member of that good ol' boy network and that your friend might either need to have that judge recuse himself - on the basis of refusing to dismiss the case early on if such was the case and the lawyer for the defendant objected - or take it to a higher court (of appeals).) Good luck to him!

Hope you guys will keep the discussion here civil - we don't have to waste time editing posts if you will keep the name calling from reaching your keyboards. Please don't copy any post containing a bad vibe either - double the editing.

Thanks, and have a great day! :surf:

As was mentioned above around here in Ohio its nothing for me to eat at
a little place by my house were they have a deer check. guys pull up all the
time guns in trucks come in after hunting to have a few beers.

Not one person would look at you strange around here if you told them
of your gun collection or you hunt. pretty normal BUT let them find a gun
with some drugs and now you are a drug running cartel leader.

Wow there seems to be a couple of feathers got ruffled. As I said before it cost you nothing pay me no mind. I will use the ones with ruffled feathers as and example. (U know who you are). As they have so adamantly stated the culture is a certain way. Followed by "we don't conduct ourselves like that boy". Ironically in some of our neck of woods its also like that. I like to call myself a student of the game (get it). A couple of books I enjoying studying is Jason Kings Cannabible, in and article he has and old well known grower/connoisseurs story and doesn't stop short of highlighting the good bad and the ugly. Well he took all precautions so on and so forth. Still he was busted. Which now make him? U guessed it a felon. Does that make him bad or and I quote a dumb ass". What has made me react in the first place is because even here where I believed this culture could read between the lines. At least I hoped so (to a certain stand point). But that doesn't seem the case it seemed or seems to me that if you hear any thing like I.e,felon,guns etc. It automatically becomes a write off. Which leaves my educated guess! A lot of yall are desensitized exactly what in my heart I feel is not good for our movement. The medicine movement thee end!
I done seen thru the eyes of people who aint seen nothing!!

Roger that!! Honestly I'm just a new booti hence the name. Now let's speak demographically,mississippi!! Ok for someone who "allegedly" grew up there but resides"outside of philly". They should know guns is a part of everyday life. Deer sausage,smoked deer,raccoon,gator shall I go on. Pardon me but that's a standard for us. Sure others my judge and criticize,but really are we any different from our northern neighbors?I don't believe so if we are fighting the same war for the same goal! I'm fighting to legalize. Now our northern neighbors(philly) will be a lot more swift in passing a medical marijuana bill which allows a small amount to be possessed. For medical purposes of course. They also will be first or already have passed a law allowing gay marriage. Go figure!! Its sorta explains there ways of a drag,lmao. Furthermore I love all growers smokers and dealers,as long as it done right. I tell my connect I love him every time I score! Southern hospitality I guess. True I read books hate to sound cliche "sue me". Judging from ur spelling and extremely limited vocabulary,you could use a few. Ps and history and culture wouldn't hurt either.

I live in maine and the story given is'nt totally acurate. Rumors are flying around about this. I was told that a individual tiped the police off and the used the motorcycle story to get close to the house and said they smelled weed,and wanted to search. I have a scanner and my buddies do to and we did NOT hear anything about a chase of any kind on that day or any day that week. Maine cops are known to lie and use questionable tatics.

For them to make that story up sounds accurate. I mean about the whole bike thing. This may be a silly question by are they really that gun ho over catching smokers,growers etc. ?new orleans was real bad like that in like 2000-2007 one piece of joint would get you intensive probation fines and fees plus. In about 2008 they changed it jus a lil. So now its just basically a fine now.

There is a very good post that is a sticky in the Legal Discussion forum.

Here is a lil Quote from it's C section-
One frequently encountered situation involves a farm so well protected from the escape of a smell that it is incredible that the officer smelled it, yet the claim is made, and marijuana is found. It may well be that the officer had to trespass into the curtilage before getting the telltale whiff. Neighbors, footprints, and hidden surveillance cameras, are among the all too rare sources of information that might establish this trespass. If a trespass can be established, a following section discusses the applicable law.

Finally, in states where marijuana is a legal medicine, there may be a new defense: the smell is no longer probable cause. The police must first request to see the paperwork to determine whether the use is medical.

Here is the page link.
Important Pot Bust Facts You Should Know!

Here is the section on curtilage

b. Trespass onto private property

Very often in order to make the observation on which they base probable cause, police must trespass on private property. This may be an interesting and fruitful area.

Federal law allows police to do whatever they want until they reach "curtilage." Police, without a warrant, may ignore fences and even "no trespassing" signs which do not define the curtilage. As a practical matter, if you live in a remote area or on large piece of land, the feds can trespass without a warrant. They can come to the "curtilage." This is where it gets fuzzy. From a practical matter, the curtilage is the area immediately surrounding your home where you would expect to have complete privacy. An outbuilding 50 yards away from the residence might not get that same protection. It helps if it's in the same fenced, landscaped area as the residence, and it's not visible from the public road.

------------------------------

So they needed a reason to be be within the "Curtilage" of this home to be close enough to even smell the Cannabis. Hence the "Bike" story.

Also since Maine is a Medical State they "Legally" needed to check to see if it was in fact Medical or not before even being "Legally" able to obtain the warrant I would think.

If anyone can pass this information onto these people and or their lawyer I'm sure they could use it if they haven't all ready came to these conclusion themselves.

Back
Top Bottom