My grow Box

Hey mcbudz since your the only one helping me so far wich i thank you for, hey you think you can help me see where i can get another light for example if i go to like walmart what kind of light should i get and nutrients thanks

hey dude I just reread my thread, and saw your request for help! i love the novelty of your box! it looks really short, but I figure you aren't going for monsters, so you'll want to do LST'ing (light stress training) which is basically bending and shaping the growing tip's direction to make the plant end up like decorative bamboo, all twisted up into hearts and spirals etc. what this achieves is a horizontal mainstem that grows many vertical colas off the side, giving a larger yield that could normally be had with normal vertical mainstems. since you are just starting, go ahead and make little holes (16 or so) around the rims of your plant containers that will accommodate your LST restraints. Can you put your grow box on top of a bucket/buckets?you will need way more room for root growth not far down the road, so if you could at least use 2 liter bottles as the main planters you will be able to avoid a great many issues stemming from not enough root space, such as weak/frail plants that will topple over during LST'ing. Those are just my initial thoughts - I will do what I can to help you along the way.

PS buy the spiral CFL's that are 1600 lumens or greater, and a couple of light socket splitters for more POWER! Try if you can to upgrade your box to something not cardboard ASAP, as it could start a fire and burn your house down.

When deciding what your grow box should look like and be made of, think about ways to make it not appear to be what it is, cause right now we all know exactly what it is! lol an old speaker cabinet with the back/side made removable, rear projection tv cabinet, a dresser with the drawers removed (all but the fronts) and a removable back, you get the idea. Let me stress here - NO CARDBOARD or other FLAMMABLE items.

XSVBuds thanks! finally some help lol ok so ima get two 2 liters and cutting them and planting my seeds in them is this where the plants are gonna remain for their whole process or?? ok i got myself better lights i got 2 soft light cfls as well as a socket splitter, and yes i know the cardboard was not a good idea, i was rushing in trying to start growing that i didnt really think it through right from the start. Im gonna try to buy some wood from the depot and redo my box in wood. If not i was also looking online and some people actually had a pretty good grow off an old pc that was interesting lol. Thank you for all your help again!

ps i dont have a watering or feeding schedule how should i figure it out? thanks

XSVBuds thanks! finally some help lol
no problem

ok so ima get two 2 liters and cutting them and planting my seeds in them is this where the plants are gonna remain for their whole process or??
it's a good start - have overflow plates under them, and be sure to squeeze the dirt in the 2 liters during every watering...it helps to form new directions of water flow, ensuring that the roots close to the main stem get theirs, as well as the ones that will grow to the bottom drainage holes and even out into the drainage pan, which is not a bad thing lol towards the end of your grow, the 2 liters will require overflow pans because the water will run right through it, so keep that in mind.

ok i got myself better lights i got 2 soft light cfls as well as a socket splitter
again, good man. keep the lights ~2 inches away from the tops of the plants, and keep a fan on them. leave the lights on 24/7 for at least the first month...trust me when I say that veg cycle doesn't really require darkness.
The cfl bulbs are a great choice cause they just won't burn your plants.

and yes i know the cardboard was not a good idea, i was rushing in trying to start growing that i didnt really think it through right from the start. Im gonna try to buy some wood from the depot and redo my box in wood.
now we're cooking with gas! do it yourself. just buy a few tools, a sheet of plywood, a fistful of screws and go to town.

If not i was also looking online and some people actually had a pretty good grow off an old pc that was interesting lol. Thank you for all your help again!
do not get something shipped to your house. see above. you can do it.

ps i dont have a watering or feeding schedule how should i figure it out? thanks
depends on how much you water at a time. i'd say for starters use bottled water left open overnight at room temperature, and get the soil damp, but not so much that it has standing water. if you over fill it, don't panic. just gently squeeze the container a bit to loosen the soil while holding it above your drain pan. it should drain a bit more and will be acceptable. too much water = mold, gnats, mosquitoes, etc. etc. etc. so try not to let humidity get too high, instead, mist your plants' leaves with a spray bottle in between waterings to give them a boost!

tune in next time!

Alright now im learning, oh yeah by the way i looked into that less stress training and figured out some methods that look pretty easy to do hopefully i can do it. Im also gonna update in a bit with more pics prob gonna start a grow journal YES!! lol im ready to start my first grow! Thanks again XSV cant thank you enough lol

oh and i forgot to ask you one more question ok as you can see in the pics i have a fan at the top of the box to blow air in, but i was wondering should i have vent holes at the bottom of the box or just leave the fan blowing air in without and vent holes?

Back
Top Bottom