My home-grown Jack Herer turned out to be total couch-lock. Did I do something wrong?

BitsyB

Just finished week 10 of flowering, all trichomes still 100% crystal clear. Snipped off one little bud, hung upside-down for 4 days, then cut in pieces and screen-dried, applied a tiny bit of heat (barely warm oven for a few mins.)

Smoked some and it was total couch-lock. I was nodding like a junkie. NOT HAPPY. This JH was supposed to be an energetic, creative high.

Did I do something wrong??

(Indoor grown from seed, in peat moss/perlite, fed 2/3 strength maxigro during flowering, Solar Flare LED light plus 4 CFL's.)

Re: My home-grown Jack Herer turned out to be total couch-lock. Did I do something wr

You didn't do anything wrong. People's bodies react differently to the things they ingest. You should always take the reviews of particular strains with a grain of salt. I have grown plants out until they have a lot of amber and gotten a very 'soaring' high.

Which Jack Herrer did you grow? I'm growing one from Green House right now that's actually an indica dominant strain. (same name, way different plant.)

I would give your plant a little longer to mature. Wait until the trichs are cloudy and light it up again. I bet it won't be as much of a couch lock. :)

Re: My home-grown Jack Herer turned out to be total couch-lock. Did I do something wr

Thanks for responding! It is Critical Jack Herer from Delicious Seeds, Sativa/indica but "mostly sativa."

I was very confused by the very CBD-feeling "stoned" effect because I thought that came out later when the trichomes have turned cloudy/amber, and these trichomes were still 100% crystal clear. So that doesn't make sense.

Just today though they are FINALLY starting to look a tiny bit cloudy so maybe there is hope. I'm gonna be pissed if I spent all these weeks growing a plant that just puts me to sleep!

Yeah there's a lot of different things that causes that couch lock effect. As a general rule when the trichromes start to degrade and turn amber you get more of a body effect. But it's also strain dependent too. Sativas' are more of a heady high than indicas. And to get even more in depth, a lot of it has to do with not only THC levels but CBN and CBD levels as well.

When I have experienced a heavy couch lock from immature buds that I clipped off the plant before it was 'ripe' I assumed that it was because the proportion of THC and CBD was out of whack. I figured that since it wasn't ready there wasn't enough THC to counter the CBD levels which I figured were high.

I would be really interested if someone could chime in who knows when the plant starts producing THC and CBD and at what rates.

Does it start off producing CBD and the THC gradually increases while the CBD starts to taper off?

Not to highjack your thread.

Back to your plant though. Are you counting your flowering time from the switch or from when the first buds started to form? I think the critical jack has a 70 day flowering time (from when the buds start to form, not from the switch. )

Please keep me updated in your smoke reports as you sample. I hope you get the high you're looking for.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom