Need advice re: Psychemedics Hair testing and THC

Johnson1020

Hello. I have a question regarding Phychemedics hair testing and would appreciate any and all responses! My husband is a once daily user of medical marijuana. He was offered a new position at a company he's been working for for about a year. We were certain it would be a urine test, and after 2 days clean passed a store bought test. He commutes to work by bike a cycles daily (15 miles rt), has high metabolism, and did NOTHING to his hair as we were expecting a urine test. He shaves his head regularly so they took the sample from chest hair. He uses no other drugs, except for .5 Ativan, for which he has a prescription. I would add he does NOT have a prescription for the medical marijuana as we live in a state where it is currently illegal, and got it while visiting CO. His usage of this particular weed began in May of this year, and was a small bowl, smoked through a glass pipe, almost one daily. Prior to that he used sporadically...daily when he could get it, nothing when he couldn't. He is a recovering alcoholic with 3 years sober, and only 1 slip up in the 2 years prior to that, mostly due to his ability to treat his severe anxiety with pot.

So my question is, has anyone had a similar experience, ie doing nothing to treat hair due to expectations of urine test, hair sample taken from body rather than scalp, and a cannabis user only with not much clean time before test? Also, what is the average turnaround time for results, and is a longer than expected period indicative of a passed, or failed, test? He just had the test today.

I would also add that he's taken 2 urine tests after similar usage with non medical grade weed, and he passed both with only 2 days clean after almost daily usage for weeks or months prior.

Thanks in advance for any help! We are trying not to worry, but after loosing an engineering position 4 years ago this is the first permanent position with similar pay/benefits he's been able to find.

Back
Top Bottom