Need Help Deciding! Ffs

TheCropKing

Ok guys I am looking to start a grow indoors and need some help deciding on the setup. Originally I was sold on the idea of a 4x8 tent with 2 - 1000w HPS.

My goal is to yield 2 pounds every cycle ( 8 - 10 weeks )

Here are some options I priced out.

4x4 Tent
P300 LED X 2 = $738.00

4x4 Tent
P450 LED X 2 = $1000.00

8x4 Tent
P300 x 4 = $1,404.00 ( discount for buying more )

8x4 Tent
P450 x 4 = $1,896.00 ( discount for buying more )

Obviously the p300s are a cheaper option but are those lights going to have enough wattage and coverage? Maybe I am wrong for trying to use these light sizes? But from what I have read people are using more smaller panels to cover area instead of less big ones

I bought a big light, a 900w, 760w draw led light for my first led system.
Huge mistake. Do your research! Watch a couple grow journals and see what best suits your room size and most importantly budget.
I believe from these journals that the best results come from more smaller lights together as opposed to one big light. I am building a second room at 3'x6' and plan on using 3 marsII 700's @ 300-350w draw each, or 1 kW at a total price of about $1000 delivered to my door.
That should top 2 pounds/cycle.

Hmm I was looking at the Mars but I wanted the Platinum led due to their warranty, lower watt usage, lower heat and good customer service. But thank you for your feedback on bigger lights. That's what I thiught :) back to YouTube to watch more led grows lol fk

I bought a big light, a 900w, 760w draw led light for my first led system.
Huge mistake. Do your research! Watch a couple grow journals and see what best suits your room size and most importantly budget.
I believe from these journals that the best results come from more smaller lights together as opposed to one big light. I am building a second room at 3'x6' and plan on using 3 marsII 700's @ 300-350w draw each, or 1 kW at a total price of about $1000 delivered to my door.
That should top 2 pounds/cycle.

How many plants would you stuff in a 3 x6?

I'm trying a misting system in the new room and will have 1 3x2 box for each light and going for 30 plants per box. So 90 plants in a 3x6 area. Freshly rooted clones go into room, let veg for 2.5-3 weeks, then bloom. I watched a vid on that and it looked interesting. No topping, no pinching, no scrogging.
The particular video I watched were pretty impressive yields for lots of small plants.
It's just a test grow for me. If it works out, I may play a bit more with it. It not, I will try a 3 plant scrog.
I'm just experimenting.

The Mars reflector would be better suited for an odd sized room since they are rectangular as opposed to square.
I'm not sure yet. I eventually will need a 3rd room.... Maybe I will go with the platinum? Who knows what the next generation of Mars will be like?

I doubt you will get 2lbs with 2 P450 lights. You can easily get 2lbs from 2x1000w HPS. IMO, a P450 cant cover much more than a 2'x2' footprint for good yields. Some people will say it can cover more but I personally feel it cannot. LED is more focused light. Its not like a HPS where coverage is good. A 1000w HPS can easily cover a 4'x4' area. I think you would need 2x P600 for a 4x4 area or 4x P300 (or better yet, 4x P450 but most expensive).

Just by wattage alone w/ a 1.2g per watt yield on 2x P450, you will only be at about a pound and a half Id think. Everything I have seen from my P450 so far is good, but not great. I completely see why people like LED, but they are quite different than HPS. LED coverage is crap compared to HPS. Yield per watt is 50-100% greater on LED than HPS but you have to go off actual wattage used. I am looking at getting 3 more P450 for my 2'x5' closet. In my closet, the best I have done so far with 1x1000w HPS was just under 20oz. I think with 4x P450 with a total draw wattage of just 100w more than my HPS, I could get that yield up to about the 2lb mark no problem.

I doubt you will get 2lbs with 2 P450 lights. You can easily get 2lbs from 2x1000w HPS. IMO, a P450 cant cover much more than a 2'x2' footprint for good yields. Some people will say it can cover more but I personally feel it cannot. LED is more focused light. Its not like a HPS where coverage is good. A 1000w HPS can easily cover a 4'x4' area. I think you would need 2x P600 for a 4x4 area or 4x P300 (or better yet, 4x P450 but most expensive).

Just by wattage alone w/ a 1.2g per watt yield on 2x P450, you will only be at about a pound and a half Id think. Everything I have seen from my P450 so far is good, but not great. I completely see why people like LED, but they are quite different than HPS. LED coverage is crap compared to HPS. Yield per watt is 50-100% greater on LED than HPS but you have to go off actual wattage used. I am looking at getting 3 more P450 for my 2'x5' closet. In my closet, the best I have done so far with 1x1000w HPS was just under 20oz. I think with 4x P450 with a total draw wattage of just 100w more than my HPS, I could get that yield up to about the 2lb mark no problem.

Thanks for the feedback ! Except now your making me think that LED won't work for me right now since I'm not spending 2000 on lights alone right now when the HPS set up that I'll get 2 pounds from will get me the results I need for under 1000 dollars

So check out MarsII. Ive been debating trying them out as they are MUCH cheaper than some other options. Im beginning to believe that the wattage is more important than people believe. That said, I am not completely sold on them for the cost if you want production. If you are doing a small grow and are not concerned with production in the slightest, then I think they are good in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom