Really need help fast! LED or HPS?

Great photo's Mark and you do have a great product, so I say couple together Marks lights with a great strain/genetic selection and you should have great results

This is true maybe to a point.. however.. the great thing is that results don't lie.. and this goes either way. It's important to examine the photos and look for yourself at what the particular light is creating regardless of what's being said.

The proof is indeed in the pudding.. :)

Density.. quality.. yield.. all grown with less than 600w of power:

Not even on day 50!
IMG_78831.JPG

IMG_78221.JPG

image15896.jpg

image15652.jpg

The Platinum LED lights are top notch lamps, I own two myself. If you stuff 12 plants into a 4x8 space I doubt there is room for them to get big enough to produce 5 pounds. In fact I have never heard of anyone who ended up with 5 pounds on their first grow.
Growing bud is not rocket science but experience improves your outcome. There is much that can go wrong and learning from your mistakes is what teaches you what to do and not to do. I agree 4 p600's would cover a 4x8 space pretty well.
It still amazes me what some people yield per plant these days.
Good luck on your grow.......keep us posted on how your progressing.

Really need help fast! L.E.D or HPS?

Well im going out on a limb here by saying both are great depending on your situation room how you want things there both good actually real good both have come a long ways no one grow is the same do what the hell makes you happy its your cash period if the question should have been are they both good yes is one better than the other maybe in some situations but only someone that wants to argue would claim one is better i love my hotilux blue for veg do i use for flower no do i use led no would i yes im trying some new things and let me tell you never get stuck in old ways

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hey Mike! First I'd like to say that I love your obvious enthusiasm. Secondly I'd like to jump in with a couple of thoughts. While it's great to have a harvest yield goal ...don't bank on it. As you are making such a large investment you need to do some serious ROI considerations and build your operation from the ground up first. There are a number of things that you need to consider. I am currently homesteading and building a brand new room even as I type this. I have been a full time farmer for over 30 years and have been growing weed since 1976. (That just gives you my back ground so that you know that I am not talking out of my butt. So here is what I can offer you to help achieve your harvest goals.

- First about you location. Before you put in the first tent I would measure the environment in your location. Get a high low temp thermometer and measure the temps in various locations. Hot and cold spots are in almost every structure. At the same time measure the grow areas natural RH if possible. You will then know what you can expect when you introduce a lot of living breathing plants. I like a very dry environment to start growing in. Now is also the time to be checking for insect pests that maybe in the building. I do this by leaving a few uncovered regular light bulbs burning and going in at night to see what visitors I have.

-Ok now we know what we are starting with and we can anticipate some potential issues before we even start. The next part is about you and your life style. How much personal time do you have to devote to this new hobby or vocation? What are your neighbors like? What is your gameplan for handling the trash which will accumulate as you grow. I have read too many times about large operations being discovered by nosy neighbors wondering about why you are constantly spreading potting mix into your flower beds or the large pile of stems and branches in your backyard compost pile. Even getting rid of bags, bottles etc from your supplies can become an issue. There was recently a bust of a large grow because people up in Columbus Ohio were putting these types of things in their trash and a neighbor who jogs by every day noticed it and Bam! Out go the lights when LE shows up.

- Now we can discuss which system we can consider. Scrog of single plants or SOG . While they are both good for harvest totals, both systems have a couple of concerns. Scroging takes more hands on time. The SOG is the system generally being used when LE says thet the operation had 1200 plants. Judges frown on that stuff big time. They do not take into account that each plant was only 18 inches tall. I personally like medium sized plants that I can move around to take advantage of every drop of light. I even have gone to mixing autos and regular photoperiodic plants in the same room. The autos are done about the time I that I need the space for the regs to finish up

-Next Hydro or Soil? Well again it comes down to you. I have listened to more debates about this...at more kitchen tables...at more farmhouses than I even care to remember. I have seen tremendous results with both. Again it kind of comes down to you. Hydro means you have to be hands on and are a very tuned in, quick learner and even quicker responder. Quicker growth means quicker plant reaction to what ever issue they are facing. You need to be very tuned into your plants needs. This is where a lot of new growers get into trouble. Mis diagnosis and more importantly quick reaction is imperative. And here is the big issue with new hydro users ...don't over react....I have seen more problems caused by trying to give plants tooo much love. Start hydro slowly. Soil grows are slower but far more forgiving with a much shorter learning curve.

- Take special care in selecting your genetics. I would recommend taking an experienced grower's suggestions there. There are easy to grow and tough to grow varieties. I personally am trying to get away from cloning except in my breeding operation. Clones can bring in a lot of issues into your new room.

-Lastly I am building my new rooms with SIP's purchased locally from the factory that makes them. It looks to me that these may end up being the new rage in construction especially out in the sticks where barn grows are more common. I just explained them to a friend and he is using them to convert and old grain bin into his new room.

as always, best of luck in all you grow. If you need anything more from me I will be just uptheholler!

Back
Top Bottom