Need help how to adjust ph levels!

Sith

I'm growing some clones in a hydro system, but I can't seem to understand how to adjust Ph and ppm levels!
The ppm of the tap water itself is about 250, when I add 1 ml of Ph- fluid to 1 l (0.2642 gallons) of water, the ppm level get up to 1000 ppm!
Just by adding ph- fluid, I haven't yet added any nutes at all!

And the Ph level gets to about 6.5. I use an analog ph meter, so I'm not sure quite how accurate it is..
The ppm meter is fairly new and digital..
The Ph- fluid is Gold Label's Ultra PH-, and contains 9.8% nitric acid, 7.4% phosphoric acid 5.6% sulphuric acid.
So it seems that I can't lower the ph level to the proper level because the ppm level gets way to high then!

How can this be? And is there another solution I can add to lower the ph level without raising the ppm level?
And could I grow my clones without adjusting the ph level from 7?

Are you sure you meter is calibrated right? Are you using the right conversion factors? That sounds like a crazy problem.

Maybe your ph meter is really really "not sensitive" so by the time it reaches 6.5 you could have really really added too much. I can't think of any other explanation. Test the meter on tap water, it should be 7 ish. Make sure you know for a fact that ph meter is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom