Need help transplanting! plz help

PotHeadJake

one of my homies planted 30 or so seeds in one pot. we are already 3 weeks into growing it. i need to know how seperate the plants and put them in there own pots..... i need help.

Re: need help transplanting!!!!!!!!plz help

what i was thinking is to like have water running on the plants at all times when in taking it out to keep the roots hydrated and just replant as quick as i can and just water it and see how it grows..... but i got to do it to 30 plants....

Well it's not just water that you have to be careful about when transplanting. Those roots are like the nervous system of your plants.. they're very sensitive and very fragile.

If you have time and patience, it shouldn't be too hard. Accept the fact that you're probably going to lose a few in the process... besides, if you started them in one pot, I'm assuming you don't have the space required for 30 plants.

Squeeze the pot to loosen the dirt and then turn upside down, and while lightly pulling on the plants slide everything out, roots and all. Then carefully, and I mean carefully, squeeze and tug the ball of dirt/roots to loosen them up. Slowly pull the plants apart, starting with the ones that are the easiest to get out. Continue to 'tug and squeeze', but avoid breaking or causing extra stress to the roots. Then toss 'em into their new homes.... one per pot, to avoid the whole transplanting issue again :biggrin: Then give 'em some water.

I recently had that problem with my tomato plants (yes, REAL tomato plants). I ending up saving just under half of the plants.... BUT it's better to have a few really strong and healthy plants, then it is to have a lot of sickly plants that you can't look after.

SeXy VeXy said:
Well it's not just water that you have to be careful about when transplanting. Those roots are like the nervous system of your plants.. they're very sensitive and very fragile.

If you have time and patience, it shouldn't be too hard. Accept the fact that you're probably going to lose a few in the process... besides, if you started them in one pot, I'm assuming you don't have the space required for 30 plants.

Squeeze the pot to loosen the dirt and then turn upside down, and while lightly pulling on the plants slide everything out, roots and all. Then carefully, and I mean carefully, squeeze and tug the ball of dirt/roots to loosen them up. Slowly pull the plants apart, starting with the ones that are the easiest to get out. Continue to 'tug and squeeze', but avoid breaking or causing extra stress to the roots. Then toss 'em into their new homes.... one per pot, to avoid the whole transplanting issue again :biggrin: Then give 'em some water.

I recently had that problem with my tomato plants (yes, REAL tomato plants). I ending up saving just under half of the plants.... BUT it's better to have a few really strong and healthy plants, then it is to have a lot of sickly plants that you can't look after.[/QUOte

thanks

SeXy VeXy said:

I recently had that problem with my tomato plants (yes, REAL tomato plants). I ending up saving just under half of the plants.... BUT it's better to have a few really strong and healthy plants, then it is to have a lot of sickly plants that you can't look after.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom