Need help with grow box ideas

WittyUsername

This is more of an experiment than a true grow, but I want some feed back, advice or criticism. I plan on growing in a large storage bin, I am placing it on its side upright (like an upward rectangle), it's able to stand upright so falling over is not a problem. The bin will be lined with mylar and mylar tape. Below is an image that I made (rather sloppily) and I already know where to get each component.

GB.png

A - Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan USB fan and ExHale CO2 Bags
B - Watering tray (no holes)
C - Pots
D - Agrosun Dayspot Kit (I'm replacing the incandescent bulb with 2700K and 6000K 42 watt, 2900 lumen CFL's)
E - PVC for the lamp to clamp to
F - The lid of the bin

Other information:
Soil-less mix: 4:1 Coco Coir : Perlite
Nutrients: GH BioThrive Grow with CaMg+ and BioThrive Bloom with Liquid KoolBloom (edited)
CO2 supplement: ExHale CO2 Bags
Oxygen supplement: Oxygen Plus Liquid Plant Food 16oz Concentrate
Growing method: I will not be topping the plants, I want to grow 4 plants with only colas.
Strain: Lemon Ice and/or Afghan from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds

I also want to try a fast drying method, I am not entirely sure how it will work though. I will be removing everything from the bin, and placing another smaller storage bin in it that is filled with desiccant. Dish racks will be placed so that the grill is just above the desiccant and the bud will be placed on top of the grill. The bud should be dry in 5 days, and I will cure it for 2 weeks in glass jars. If the bud becomes harsh to smoke from the drying process I will make hash or oil with it.

And most important, I need recommendations for highly effective and compact odor control products/systems.

Thank you

200+ views and no comments?

Is this just for sprouting?
Remember- even if using auto-flowering plants, you need at LEAST a 3-gallon planter/rez for each plant and enough space for them to grow (they get well bigger than the planter!)
MOST plants need a 2x2' square area... you also need air intake and a fan to circulate the air and an exhaust...
stay with strains that are advertised as "sea of green" or "Connesuer" they tend to stay smaller- as do autoflowering strains. Even a single- cola plant (not all are- but many can be pruned that way) still need room & air... the fan leaves can spread out pretty far from that central cola... and if you trim off TOO much to get your "DD" structure- some plants do NOT like it and either stunt or die.

Trial and error-- or a lot of research into the strains to use is your best starting point!

AS for the fast dry-- My own opinion- the fastest is a 3 day period with a dehumidifier in an enclosed area-- BUT- you are not allowing the chlorophyll to break down, so the end product is unevenly dry and very harsh.. you do not maximize the flavor, aroma or overall quality of the bud that way.

Is this just for sprouting?
Remember- even if using auto-flowering plants, you need at LEAST a 3-gallon planter/rez for each plant and enough space for them to grow (they get well bigger than the planter!)
MOST plants need a 2x2' square area... you also need air intake and a fan to circulate the air and an exhaust...
stay with strains that are advertised as "sea of green" or "Connesuer" they tend to stay smaller- as do autoflowering strains. Even a single- cola plant (not all are- but many can be pruned that way) still need room & air... the fan leaves can spread out pretty far from that central cola... and if you trim off TOO much to get your "DD" structure- some plants do NOT like it and either stunt or die.

Trial and error-- or a lot of research into the strains to use is your best starting point!

AS for the fast dry-- My own opinion- the fastest is a 3 day period with a dehumidifier in an enclosed area-- BUT- you are not allowing the chlorophyll to break down, so the end product is unevenly dry and very harsh.. you do not maximize the flavor, aroma or overall quality of the bud that way.

Thank you for the feedback! I thought no one would ever reply.

1. I don't plan on using auto-flowering strains, lemon ice or afghan are what I plan on using.
2. I can't add an exhaust (I don't have the space) so a simple solution like opening the lid for an hour is fine for me.
3. I already included a fan in the plans.
4. The plants should only be a foot tall and I've grown vegetables in the same manner and have good harvests. However cannabis may be different.
5. I was suspecting the drying process to not be very effective this morning when I was thinking about it, so rather I would just let the flowers dry slowly in the box with a cup of desiccant in the corner to keep the humidity under control, but not to quickly dry it.

My goal is to grow at least 64 ounces BY VOLUME NOT WEIGHT of bud, in around two months (more or less)

Back
Top Bottom