Need some help with flowering solution strength.

Mylar

:thanks: Let me start bye saying I have been testing my new setup with some swag beans. I have 9 clones in mid flower. 3 mostly Indica and 6 Sativas. I have been using Flora Nova at less half strength. I will give you my recipe at the end new and old. The reason I need to tweak this recipe is because buds are forming nicely but have been very slow. I would say that the clones have been in full flower mode for a month and should be further along than they are.
:rollit: I have been using 2 oz of FloraNova one part Bloom to a 15 gallon Res. After thinking about the speed of Bud production I have decided to increase the solution to 4oz to 15 Gallons. Full strength would be 5oz to 15 gallons. My big question is will doubling the strength of the FloraNova going to be to radical a change for the plants. They are nice and healthy rite now just not growing as quickly as my gardens from 25 years ago?

Old flower solution recipe.

1 FloraNova 1 part Bloom 4-8-7 2oz per 15 gallons.
2 SM-90 wetting agent 45 ML per 15 gallons.
3 Berry Sweet organic Carbohydrate synthesizer 0-0-0 150 ML per 15 Gallons.
4 Fat Flower Bloom bloom enhancer 3/4 TSP per 15 gallons.

New flower solution recipe.

1 FloraNova 1 part Bloom 4-8-7 4oz per 15 gallons.
2 SM-90 wetting agent 45 ML per 15 gallons.
3 Berry Sweet organic Carbohydrate synthesizer 0-0-0 150 ML per 15 Gallons.
4 Fat Flower Bloom bloom enhancer 3/4 TSP per 15 gallons.

Again my real question is if I change to the new recipe a I making to radical change or should I be ok? I have already mixed the new solution. I am leaching my the plants with PH balanced clean water PH that is at 5.6.
So I have time for your input prior to making this solution change.
Thanks for any advice given in advance.:thanks:

It is time to up the dosage. I think you would be smart to do a little lower then the recommended dosage of 5oz like your doing. Instead of 5oz your doing 4oz which is fine. However, something did get my attention about one of the nutrients your using and that's SM-90. I've always used that as a foiler spray mixed with neem oil in the past to combat pests. So, I decided to look it up and see what it says about adding it straight to the resevoir. Apparently it's ok to do but your using WAY to much. Here's a copy/paste

Application rate: Apply 2-3 ml to each gallon of nutrient solution on a weekly basis or whenever solutions are replaced. Routine use will provide preventative treatment to keep problems from developing during all stages of growth.

15 gallons X 3 = 45ml/gallon. Your using 120ml/gallon. I really don't know what affect this will have on your plants, but I'm wondering if it's some of the cause of your plants growing at a slower rate? Even so, I would still up your nutes. Your plants are ready for more food.

I see the error in my math I have been using 45 ML per 15 gallons including this batch I will correct the recipe. Thanks Stix. I will keep and eye on the Lady's just to be sure I will keep 5 gallons of clean 5.6 ph water ready.

Yes nutes are a 3 step process for me.
1 put 15 gallons in the mixing res and adjust the PH to 5.6 aerate for 24 hours.
2 Check and adjust PH then add nutes aerate for 24 hours more.
3 final adjustment to PH if needed then pump into the working res once its been cleaned out.

Bye doing this I have little or no residue in the mixing res and its something I got used to years ago when I made bat tea in my soil days.

Ok so now everyone knows I anal. Yes I aerate the shit out of my working res as well.

I re read your last post and no I add the nutes one at a time into the 15 gallon mixing tank

Well the new recipe has been in for two hours and I am amazed so far. The Sativas that were a nice light lime color are now emerald green. The Indicas that were a light emerald green are now the darkest emerald green I have ever seen. Leaves that had a little dropping are now sticking straight out. I am still keeping my fingers crossed all night. I hope the morning does not bring a change for the worst so far it looking like a smart idea.:peace:

Ok Stix looks like the girl made it though the night with no issues Thanks again for your help.
:thanks:

Ok I was scared to make this change but it worked like a charm. All buds have new growth and they smell great when I shake the stems. I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner I could be smoking by now:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom