New closet grow...need help

boog06

starting a brand spankin new closet grow. ht 6ft additional 3ft if i remove shelf, length 7ft, 2ft depth. want to do hydro but now sure what type of system i should implement. any ideas? lights? 400 or 600 seedbanks? anyone know of a reputable that delivers to the US fast and friendly....throw me a few ideas here.:thanks:

if you go to the top of your page, there is a SPONSORS link. there are seed banks in there that will ship seeds, but some say that they won't ship to the US. i don't think i'm allowed to mention the seed bank i got mine from, but they said no shipping to the US, and i got them no problem. got a sweet ass bob marley t-shirt with it!!

have you grown before?

yes one grow under my belt a few years ago. i plan on setting this up similar but was just seeking some input. lets say on my first one i had a bit of a patience issue.

the only reason i asked was b/c hydro can be a bit of a process for a first timer. i have a friend who had never done it, and he seems to be running into a lot more problems than i ever did on my grows. i did soil on my first, and again on my second now, just seems a bit easier, but still worth it. he's getting the hang of it, but it cost him a lot more money than me to get started. not trying to discourage you, either way should give you great results.

well let me ask u this because i have never even thought of soil. how would you go about doing an inside grow using soil? it does increase the time right?

i've only done soil, but i've had success so far. if you have the $, go w/ some kind of hydro kit or something. i did soil b/c it seemed cheaper to start up. the plants grow faster in hydro, but there are a lot of different things you need to keep a hydro setup going. you could argue for either one, i just seem to like the soil better. i even went and bought a lot of stuff to start a hydro grow, but ended up just selling it to my friend so he could get a hydro grow going. you can get pretty much the same thing either way, its just a matter of startup costs and time.

thanx. ok so im gonna do hydro and before i bought a hydro kit online but when i rcvd it looked like something i could have made myself with the large tub that had 6-8 holes for the netting pots. is there a place on here that shows me how to construct that same type of kit myself. im looking at an empty tub now but i dont want to start playing tim the toolman without a plan. appreciate the help and insight.

for hydro, i think you are supposed to have 5 gallons per mature plant. so, for a 6 plant tub, you want approx. 30 gallons. ideally, you want to be able to drain it, but some people just put the plants in a reserve container while changing the water. you need a couple of airstones or bubble bars(wal-mart less than $10 for a couple of them), and a dual outlet air pump(also cheap at wal-mart). make sure your nutes are for hydro, i think some of them can be for soil and/or hydro...you'll want to get a pH tester, or some kind of pH/EC/TDS meter to check your water levels at any time. you can find these on eBay and some online grow shops.

Back
Top Bottom