New grower in need of advice on possible def.

Pewterdude73

Hey guys, got some problems that started around 4th week of flowering. There appears to be more that one thing going on in these photos so if someone can identify just one of the problems I can try and fix that one and move on. System: RDWC. Plants : Sage andleave Medi-Haze and Strawberry Cough. Air temp: 70 to 80 degrees. The lower temp is usually only hit at night when lights are out. Water temp between 68 and 74 F. Lights are topledgrowlight 144x3 reflector series. Lights are approx 18" from canopy. PH fluctuates between 5.5 and 6.2. It is at 5.9 right now. Nutrients are Heavy 16 and have PPMs at approx. 400. Roots look light brown but feel look and smell healthy. The Sage and Sour is the one with the small leaves with rust spots and I took two pictures of them but the others are the ones I'm more concerned about. They are my bigger plants. The Sage went through some root rot and I can understand why that one is having problems. I have the ppms so low because that is all they are consuming. I am only using Heavy 16's bud a and b. Only other things I'm using is beneficial (Heisenberg) tea and a little seaweed extract at less than 1ml/gal. Really stumped and could use some expert advice as this is my first grow and even though I've learned a ton and know my next grow will be better I still don't want to lose this one. One more thing. The problem leaves only account for about 5 percent of my total foliage but it seems to be getting worse on a daily basis. Any one used Heavy's foliar? Maybe that would help. Thanks for any feedback in advance and happy growing. This site rocks:thumb:

Oh yeah, very important tidbit I left out. I use tap water that is filtered to 80 ppm. Don't know what that 80 consists of though. My filter uses soda ash as a pH adjuster and also injects a small amount of bleach so i bubble it for a day before use.

Over 150 views and not one reply! Wow! Any one care to venture a guess potassium deficiency? Heat stress? The sun is in line with Jupiter? Lol. Oh well. I sometimes feel that I don't want to give advice on this forum because it is my first grow and I don't want to mislead anyone by giving bad info. I feel that there are probably a lot of people in that category so I don't blame people for reading and not responding. So the problem is still ongoing but it does not seen to be getting any worse and I don't think I've changed anything so I'm still stumped. If I had to guess I would have to say heat stress. In all the problems I've looked up the pictures of heat stress seem to most closely match my problem. I work a full time job so I can't monitor my temps all the time so maybe they crept up there a little too high. Well if I get an answer that im pretty sure of somewhere other than here I will be sure to post it here. Happy Growing

i dont think its heat stress bro but im not 100%, heat stress causes the blades of the leaves to start folding on eachother giving the leaves a canoe look,

i've never did rdwc so i cant give you a good answer but there is a place on this forum where theres pictures of leaves that gives you what the problem is and how to fix that problem,

Soda ash or Sodium carbonate has too high of sodium to be used with plants. I would examine your waterline connection before your water softener for a water tap, you can have one installed if you can not find one. Plants grown under LED lights have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. If you are growing with a LED light you will require a calcium and magnesium supplement. I use Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus at 5 millilitres per gallon.

https://en.wikipedia.org Sodium carbonate

https://www.botanicare.com Cal-Mag 2 0 0

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Back
Top Bottom