New Lighting!

gutman121

I recently switched from 4-4 foot florescents to a 400 watt high pressure sodium. My plants were real healthy and thriving before i switched lighting. The plants are 9 weeks and starting to flower. Now in the new light the plants are starting to sag all the sudden. Im realy familier with propr watering and i know thats not the problem. Temperature is ok. Around 80. Please help. I just went from 24 7 with the florecents to 18 and 6 with the hps. In a weeks im planning on going to 12 and 12. Please give advise. I have never grown with hps.

Re: New Lighting!!

How far away is the light from the plants?

I could just be the shock of the change from a flashlight to a SUN.
How long ago did you switch the light?

Also dirt or hydro?

Its soil. 60% pro grade potting soil. 40% vermiculite. I changed the lights mid day yesterday and the plants were drooping this morning.

They were drooping all the time but they are looking pretty damn good now. I think jummejum was right. I think it was due to the sudden change in light

Ya i uploaded two pics of my grow two days after i moved them under the hps. Their on my profile. Havent yet gotten the hang of this site and wont let me add pics to the comments haha.

Are they drooping all the time or just an hour or 2 before the lights go out?

If it is just before the lights go out, it is normal.

my two big bubba kushes do that same thing it's sooo strange all the leaves drop down as soon as the light fades & about a hour before dawn the leaves stand back up , but they really drop down like a umbrella that is folded up : think green logs
my other plants , JTR , XJ-13 , Purple Berry , GSC don't do much of a droop at all

is blood meal something good to mix in with my soil during the veg stage Or is it something that you would just feed it when it lacked nitrogen

This is how it looks so far

20140821_194150.jpg
20140824_202852.jpg
20140824_202948.jpg

Seems as if you got it under control.
Were you checking the temp on the canopy ?

It's always a good thing to check tempitures in more than one area.

Back
Top Bottom