Will this light work?

NormanTBates

nope no balast no glow, not to mention that the socket on standard for standard light will not accept any HPS of MH bulg the screw in scoket size is different. Just go with cfl's, that will work fine with just 1 plant, just keep the light close to the plant within 2" and the plant will grow just fine!

nope no balast no glow, not to mention that the socket on standard for standard light will not accept any HPS of MH bulg the screw in scoket size is different.

I 2nd that. He's right. On top of that ordering cheap lamps online, u don't know what ur getting. It could be a used lamp. be careful. If ur on a budget and don't wanna spend around 200 for 150W setup, I'd stick with the CFLs as suggested.

Best bet is to drive to a hydro store if possible. No deliveries.No wondering if ur getting a faulty product. U get a receipt and can bring it back (if they operate where u are like they do in the bay). No waiting for shipping. Google hydroponics stores in ur area. U did ask 4 a link tho. This on looks reasonable. Ballast built in the hood >specialty-lights.com. All u would need is a bulb, plant, media, nutes, thermometer, a fan, a timer, something to test PH with and a place to put it all. Get that and I'd say ur off to a great start.

Appreciate the help guys, I may just add 1 or 2 more cfl's near the bottom to promote the undergrowth.

I am currently in my first grow, just tired of messing with local dealers, etc. So if I spend $200 on a HPS system, the investment would require around a half ounce or more to break even. Is it crazy to think I produce an extra half if I upgrade the lights before flowering?

SDC10178.JPG

Back
Top Bottom