New Medical Marijuana Clinic Moving Into Millersburg

Truth Seeker

A controversial new business serving up medical marijuana has Millersburg residents upset that the business plans to open their new location in the small town.

Justin Docken fears for his neighborhood.

"The bus stops right out here in their parking lot," said Docken.

Two blocks from his house, there's a building that's the new site for clinic serving medical marijuana users.

"They are going to be smoking marijuana in there, teaching them how to use it, how to grow it," said Docken. "I just want to know why is the city saying that's okay to put in front of a bus stop?"

Barbara Castillo works on the Millersburg planning commission. She said, legally, city is required to send out notifications to adjacent property owners within 100 feet. According to Castillo, the city did that and then some.

"But we went above and beyond that because of the subject matter, and we thought that there may be an impact to the neighbors and we wanted to give them an opportunity to write a letter if they did," said Castillo.

Castillo said they only got one letter and it wasn't from Justin Docken. She said Docken never raised a red flag until recently. Docken said he isn't giving up.

"I don't personally have a problem with the business, but I don't think it's a good location," said Docken. "We have lots and lots of kids and there's lots of people that have kids up and down this block."

Shari Levit owns the business and said Docken has nothing to worry about.

"My concern would be there's a bar further down the road," said Levit. "The bus stop, the kids are there in the morning. We're not open."

Levit currently operates a similar clinic out of a building off Highway 34, but they've outgrown their current spot. She hopes to open the Millersburg location August 1.

According to the business plans, they will not buy, sell, barter or exchange marijuana in any form.

Docken said he will continue and try and get the city to reverse their decision and keep the clinic out of his neighborhood.

6825434.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kval.com
Author: Molly Blancett
Contact: Contact Us | Contact Us | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13
Website: New medical marijuana clinic moving into Millersburg | Local & Regional News for Eugene, Springfield Oregon | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

Back
Top Bottom