Newsom Joins Marijuana Regulators To Speak With Business Leaders In SF

Katelyn Baker

After spearheading California's successful initiative to legalize marijuana, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom continues to offer his support to the cannabis community.

Newsom will join the state's leading marijuana regulators and business people at the International Cannabis Business Conference in San Francisco. The Bay Area's first business-to-business conference and trade show event since California voters approved legalizing the recreational use of marijuana intends to brings thousands of attendees to the Hilton San Francisco Union Square on February 17.

The 2018 gubernatorial hopeful will be in attendance at the ICBC's special VIP reception, which will also feature counterculture icon Tommy Chong, as well as event speakers Henry Rollins and John Salley.

Also appearing to speak is California's chief of the Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation, Lori Ajax. Otherwise known as the state's "marijuana czar," Ajax will host an hour-long panel to help leaders navigate their businesses through the new regulations to come from the recently approved ballot initiative.

"We want to help conference attendees be as prepared as possible and bringing in the state's cannabis czar is a great way to bring the most relevant and pertinent information directly to entrepreneurs and business owners," stated Alex Rogers, lead producer of the ICBC. "We are very excited to have both Gavin Newsom and Lori Ajax at the San Francisco ICBC and are thankful that they found the time to answer questions and address the concerns of the California cannabis community."

newsomweed-600x398.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Newsom Joins Marijuana Regulators To Speak With Business Leaders In SF
Author: Oscar Pascual
Photo Credit: None Found

I just can't get enough of Gavin Newsom! He is definitely primed enough to become California's next governor. I was constantly in awe of Mr. Newsom's success in San Francisco, and he was greatly missed when he left to continue his pursuits. He has his finger on the pulse of what is the most important, in just about every issue, and having him act as advocate to those of us that rely on Medical Marijuana...well, who could ask anything more? He is a great leader, and I foresee BIG things in his future! (Plus, he married my sister & my sister-in-law!)

Back
Top Bottom