NJ laws on bubs, pipes etc

JennThePotter

Hello. I was wondering about the laws on selling pieces in NJ. I saw a girl on Etsy selling Medical Marijuana Pipes. Since it is legal for medical here, is it legal to sell Medical Marijuana Pipes? Before you all tell me to sell as tobacco pipes, I just read on this site :What Selling Bongs & Being Stubborn Can Teach You About Page Speed & Average Order Value

that a company selling online has attracted high profile attention from law enforcement. I am definitely not looking for anyone knocking on my door and shutting my pottery business down. This is why I am doing my research now. Anyone know about this?

It's contrary to federal code (Title 21, Sec 863, Drug Paraphernalia - Sec. 863), but I assume you are no more concerned about that then the other (at a guess) 50,000 people that either own or work in headshops and tobacco type stores.

From NORML:
Sale of paraphernalia is a crime in the 4th degree punishable by a maximum sentence 18 months imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10,000.

Sale of paraphernalia to minors is a crime in the 3rd degree punishable by a sentence of 3-5 years imprisonment and a maximum sentence of $25,000.

Advertising the sale of any such device or equipment is a crime in the 4th degree punishable by a fine no greater than $10,000 and/or a term of imprisonment no greater than 18 months.

See

Section 2C:36-2 of the New Jersey Statutes
Section 2C:36-4 of the New Jersey Statutes
Section 2C:36-5 of the New Jersey Statutes
Section 2C:43-3 of the New Jersey Statutes
Section 2C:43-6 of the New Jersey Statutes
Section 2C:43-8 of the New Jersey Statutes

On the other hand, New Jersey does have a medicinal-use cannabis program, and smoking is one of the approved methods of dosing, right? Is one assumed to do all one's smoking via rolling papers, lol? You could try emailing MMPquestions@doh.nj.gov and asking for clarification on that point and, if the respondent states that other means of smoking cannabis for medicinal use are approved, ask the person whether or not you would be able to sell such "other means of smoking cannabis."

BtW, if you do go commercial, don't sell a bong to someone in Pennslyvania; that's how Tommy Chong ended up in prison (see the A.K.A. Tommy Chong DVD for details on that).

Back
Top Bottom