I'm an amateur glass blower who wants to legally sell tobacco pipes in ct - how?

Terribletubes

I want to get my name out there and sell some pipes and beads however im not sure what the best way to go about it legally is. Its tough to find this information about how to go about it in Connecticut. If anyone has advice or has knowledge on CT laws your help would be highly appreciated.

Re: I'm an amateur glass blower i want to legally sell tobacco pipes in ct how?

I used to live in CT and that is where I spent a year learning how to make glass pipes. I did it for fun, not for profit. But I did end up selling a few cases to some of the local tobacco shops. Here's the rub, they really don't want to pay much. $5 average for nice inside-out spoons is a good example. After selling a couple of cases with 20 or so pieces to stores, I decided that it was not worth it. Ended up giving away most of my pieces to friends who by the way LOVE getting new, free glass.

In a perfect world without legal concerns I would say the best way is to stand up a web site and sell online. But that may draw FED heat (paraphernalia across state lines)

Another thing you could do is go to shows or festivals where you know people will buy. This is what the guy who taught me did. He also lives in CT. small world.

If you have a lot of friends, you could give a few really nice pieces to some of your friends who themselves have a lot of friends. Just have them promote you to anyone who asks where they got it and send them your way.

I don't want to discourage you but it is not as easy as you would think to get rid of glass one made. Specially if you are looking to make a profit.

Be creative, you'll find a way.

I own a shop in CO. If you would like send me some pic. I am always looking for good glass wear.

Thanks for the advice iv been doing it for about 2 months and iv been selling things to people I end up meeting and I have been giving things away to friends. Iv been thinking of a website I have a buddy that's knows coding who's helping me out with that etsy helps too. I am however lucky because my teachers been doing it for 16 years and he's introduced me to the owner of hobies and hopefully other headshops soon. Im sure in time ill establish good enough connections.

Back
Top Bottom