Nosy Dog Sniffed Out Midnight Toker

Urdedpal

Dumb.gif
Dopey or not dopey? That is the question being examined by Judge Richard Lajoie in the trial of [name redacted].

[name redacted] is charged with one count of impaired driving in the Dunrobin area on May 1, 2005.

After smoking "a couple of joints" of marijuana, [name redacted] allegedly drove around the rural area west of Ottawa late at night.

He attracted the attention of police after stopping at a number of homes to ask for help and a glass of water.

"My thoughts were that maybe there had been an accident," testified area resident James Recoski. While [name redacted] was at the door, Recoski's dog Guss -- a retired customs drug sniffer -- was barking furiously.

"His ( [name redacted]'s ) hair was wet, but it hadn't been raining that night," Recoski said, adding the 6-foot, 210-lb. man was swaying from side to side, and hesitated when he spoke.

Recoski said the midnight visitor wanted to phone his brother, but the number turned out to be long distance.

His wife yelled to shut the door and wanted him to call the police, he said. Two to three minutes after calling 911, police arrived.

Const. Michael O'Reilly, the officer who responded to the call, testified he suspected something was wrong with [name redacted] when he approached the car the man was in.

"His speech was slurred and he wasn't enunciating properly," he said. "His eyes were glazed and he had a far-away stare, looking into the distance. He also appeared distracted and was moving his head constantly."

After [name redacted] admitted to O'Reilly that he had smoked a "couple of joints," O'Reilly testified, the officer decided that [name redacted] was "wasted" and shouldn't be driving and placed him under arrest.

The trial resumes March 27.

Pubdate: Sat, 18 Mar 2006
Source: Ottawa Sun (CN ON)
Copyright: 2006 Canoe Limited Partnership

I do believe that guy was doing a little more then marijuana. I've never heard of anyone getting that high. People like that just hold back the cause.

This guy had done a lot more than a few joints. However, the media would like us to believe that marijuana makes you a crazy night stalker going to peoples homes for a glass of water.

yeah, I agree, there are some holes in this story, especially if this guy was going around and asking for water and had wet har

I agree that it sounds like this guy was a little more than stoned. Sounds kinda like he was real cracked out (coming from experience). A lot of the time when someone's a little more rock than he can handle they'll get in the shower for a few minutes to try and clean up the buzz. But if that were the case then they probably would have known, because they probably gave him a drug screen. Maybe he was trippin' lightly on something? (Wouldn't show up on a piss test) Either way he's pretty stupid. Idiots like that are the reason peaceful and/or medicinal smokers continue to get arrested.

Thanks to retards like this- Pot may never be legal!
He's Making us sane stoners look bad!

Back
Top Bottom