Not your average male question

Stretchtastic

It has been recorded by many many people the females with a hollow stem produce more THC and or are more potent. The larger the hole the more potent, has something to do with producing fiber over producing flowers. My question is has anyone ever seen a male with a hollow core like the females. My thinking was that since it is tedious to find that potent male for that potent female if the potent males produce the same hole you could then select potent males and breeding studs. Does anyone know or have any XP with males having hollow centers?

Re: Not your average male question.

I was just looking at a Sour 60 male that has a thick hollow stem, long internode length, fast growth pattern, prolific big balls, some with purple coloration. It also has a nice fragrance. Pollen is being collected.

Nice. Hopefully if enough people add to this we could find a much easier way to find that male that betters genetics. I checked the papa on the batch I made. Excellent leaf structure at 13 blades after 3rd set, maybe and inch and a half internode, strong skunky smells, a slightly hollow stem with hole size about 3mm. Now the fun part- the grow test.

My thinking was measuring the holes diameter and using the male and female with the largest holes as breeding stock.

its weird that i came across this forum becuzz i have been wanting to cross breed a sativa mama i have with this indica male plant i got from a bagseed, i was messing with it today....thinking i could supercropp em i went to twist the stem and it snapped!! i looked to find out its stem was hollow.....females arent correct?? ive cut clones from my ladies and theyre not hollow at all...

Okay lets clear this up once and for all any cannabis that has been bred to be a drug cultivar or in other words grown for its flowers and resin it has a hollow stem, hemp cultivars always have dense woody fiberous stems. The diameter of the hole in the stem isnt going to be a good indication of potency as the size of the interior passage is going to be larger or smaller depending on the outside diameter of the stem as well.

The only thing that hole running up the center of the stems will tell you is if your strain is a drug cultivar or hemp cultivar.

What you want to look or in terms of breeding is vigor of growth ,resistance to disease and bugs, stronger aroma's, vibrant colors, and large amounts of pollen sacks as the amount of pollen sacks a male produces is basically a way of telling how dense the female flowers from the same strain will be.

ok, so another male realted question i have is, how long does it take for a male plant to throw pollen once male preflowers have been established??
im isolating my male plant from my ladies so i dont acccidently pollenate any of them.....as ive never handled a male cannabis plant before.

Dank can have a hollow stem, It can also have a solid stem.
Don't get hung up on this point.

Males start chucking pollen pretty soon. Just like with people the males are ready faster than the female but they will drop pollen for weeks.

:peace: cocoJoe

Back
Top Bottom