Oaksterdam

TheOldGuy

A group of veteran activists is aiming to make Oakland, California, the first place in the country to endorse legalizing the use and sale of marijuana, and they have polling numbers showing strong support for such a move. Filed with city officials Thursday, the Oakland Cannabis Regulation and Revenue Initiative would direct the Oakland City Council to establish a system of licensed, regulated marijuana sales in the city as soon as legally possible. While legal pot sales would have to await a change in state law and federal law, a second provision in the initiative would have an immediate effect. It directs the city to make personal adult use of marijuana Oakland's lowest law enforcement priority.

Read the rest in 420 News

I would visit that area a LOT more if it were legalized. Around September, my bro is moving to SF for a job so I'd be able to go visit him, then head across the bay to Oakland for a little bit. :)

Would this mean, though, that cops would be waiting on the city limits of Oakland to bust people with herb once they left Oakland?

Bonez420 said:
I would visit that area a LOT more if it were legalized. Around September, my bro is moving to SF for a job so I'd be able to go visit him, then head across the bay to Oakland for a little bit. :)

Would this mean, though, that cops would be waiting on the city limits of Oakland to bust people with herb once they left Oakland?

I was also wondering how they would regulate keeping it within the city...

Back
Top Bottom