Odd Seedling

420toYuma

Well, I was trying to germinate 6 AK-48 beans I have and it seems, at this point, I'm only going to get one plant. AND that one seems "if'y" too!!

Basically, I soaked the seeds in a shot glass over night and once they sank to the bottom I transplanted them to my capillary seed starter pots, filled with Ready-Gro aeration mix. After 3 weeks this is what I got:

PB200239.jpg

Only 1 bean popped and the seedling has no first true leaves, only the cotyledons. It's definitely rooting but it ain't growing. Should I assume I won't get much more out of this seedling? AND, if it exhibits this kind of growth pattern I'm not too sure I want this plant as a mum (considering it would be female).

hi! tried to germinate seeds in soil once. half came out(became seedlings). 2-3 of those had disorders such as asymmetric growth and just like your's: a seedling with only cotyledon leaves, it never developed its first true pair of leaves though you should wait for 1 whole week. i had to move the operation indoors as insects were eating the seedlings. the most successful way to germinate cannabis seeds is to keep them in a glass of water for 24 hours(not more). take a plate and put paper towels on it and pour water so the paper towels are wet but the plate is not flooded. transfer seeds to plate, now put more paper towels on top and make it wet. cover the whole thing up with another plate. put duct tape on ends so when the plate is held vertical(completely bent), the plates dont open. put it vertically in a dark and dry place. keep re moistening it everyday and check on the progress. after day 2, roots will come out the seed from one end and after day 3, the whole seed will open. choose the longest and fattest seedling and transplant them to a container/pot of your choice.

hi! tried to germinate seeds in soil once. half came out(became seedlings). 2-3 of those had disorders such as asymmetric growth and just like your's: a seedling with only cotyledon leaves, it never developed its first true pair of leaves though you should wait for 1 whole week. i had to move the operation indoors as insects were eating the seedlings. the most successful way to germinate cannabis seeds is to keep them in a glass of water for 24 hours(not more). take a plate and put paper towels on it and pour water so the paper towels are wet but the plate is not flooded. transfer seeds to plate, now put more paper towels on top and make it wet. cover the whole thing up with another plate. put duct tape on ends so when the plate is held vertical(completely bent), the plates dont open. put it vertically in a dark and dry place. keep re moistening it everyday and check on the progress. after day 2, roots will come out the seed from one end and after day 3, the whole seed will open. choose the longest and fattest seedling and transplant them to a container/pot of your choice.
I have a funny seedling too. It popped out of the soil & was growing but the hull wouldn't fall off. After spraying it for a few days I decided to operate. I very carefully got tiny scissors & tried to pry one side of the hull off. Needless to say the whole head came off leaving four minscule green points. I got the magnyfier & looked at it & still wasn't sure if it was the guts from inside the stem. Well after about 4 days now, the points are still growing & I'm positive they are turning into leaves. They are a bright emerald color. Keeping fingers crossed; it is one of my Dance World seeds.

Back
Top Bottom