Old Dude-Novice Indoor/Outdoor Living Soil Grower, Saying High!

StickMan15

Hello 420 family!

I am a legal MMJ patient/grower living in the PNW of the USA.
I quit using MJ for 27 years, until I quit using pharmaceutical pain killers for severe Chronic Pain.
Tried Cannabis again 3 years ago, and found that it worked so much better for pain management than the high doses of Opiates/Opoids that I had been on for many years.

Decided to start cultivating my own meds 10 months ago using TLO supersoil. I started growing photos and autos at that time. Had both photos and autos growing outdoors, and autos indoors at the same time last summer. Grew out several strains of autos indoors, before I started getting serious about growing photos indoors. Pretty well set up for all aspects of cultivating photos indoors now. Just need to really learn how to grow now that I have all of my environmental factors fairly well dialed in. It certainly ain't just about having a light and some seeds/clones.

Just now finishing up flowering out 18 photos. I certainly got schooled to say the least with this first indoor photo grow. Have 8 more photos ready to flip, as soon as my current run closes out. Will start my OD gear in a couple of weeks. I have an extremely short OD growing season here, but was able to get connected with a breeder for Northern Lats.

I am here to learn from veteran master farmers, and hopefully get hooked up with a mentor that is well acquainted with cultivating with TLO supersoils. I do spend massive amount of time researching on my own, and know that there is no better teacher than experience. With that being said, I still need others to help me learn through their/your knowledge and experience.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this, and looking forward to getting to know some of you fine people.

:peace:

sounds successful so far, add in a few incidents of mites and PM to learn to deal with- you will be a professional ; )

It sounds like at this point, you should be deciding on a favorite strain to grow on a regular basis. The idea is not to constantly grow strange strains, but find one you really like - and then become an expert on that strain's cultivation.

I say that there is a message in marijuana, it may not be for you. I say God knew marijuana would be medicine - because he made all those strains - so one will fit you perfectly..

DN

Thanks for the welcome DN!

I may of made it sounded like my grows have been been successful thus far, but far from it my brother. It is all good though as I continue to learn so much from experience everyday.

Yea, that is my plan to find one strain that I and other Chronic Pain patients can benefit from , and to perfect how to cultivate that one strain. So many strains to choose from, and always open to hear what strains help other patients.

I say that there is a message in marijuana, it may not be for you. I say God knew marijuana would be medicine - because he made all those strains - so one will fit you perfectly..
Brother, we so have the same perspective concerning this, and thanks for sharing that.

Thanks again for the welcome bro.:peace:

Hey brother from another state ; )

This is the wild side, my life changed. I always knew I belonged on the wild side. It was a good thing because I it meant I stood up when no one else would. Knock me down, I get back up with a defiant smile.

I generally leave society to 'prosper' on its own, society is a mess of ignorant, misguided, misdirected people. That's ok, because there are people like us hidden around. There are still people like us who will remain outside of the machinery of society - your school books, your bullshit degrees, your exception to law, and your greed and hate - all were necessary for society to grow.

I admired those combat vets, the hippies the same - they hate the same shit.

The point I am making here - marijuana is like the last rebellion. We know they lied about it then, we know they lie about it today, and we know they screw us over with tickets, forfeiture, jail, and criminal records - for marijuana. The truth is obvious now - everything is a drug, corporations and governments try to control what drugs are good for you, based on what they can profit from. Sick and poor people are being screwed in medication costs, medications that don't work. A plant a poor person can grow in a pot indoors or a hole outside to save the life of a sick person - should not remain under the control of greedy corporates and governments.

DN

Hello and welcome to the forums. Dont worry about not be so successful because here you will find everything you need to get it right. Still even failure teaches valuable lessons that will let you appreciate success a lot more. Can you tell me what tlo supersoil is If you dont respond thats fine i can look it up. Make sure to check out the sponsers as well. You will save some money to get you started. Welcome to the forum if you have any questions dot be afraid to ask Im almost always around.

Thanks for the Welcome SJ!

Hello and welcome to the forums. Dont worry about not be so successful because here you will find everything you need to get it right. Still even failure teaches valuable lessons that will let you appreciate success a lot more. Can you tell me what tlo supersoil is If you dont respond thats fine i can look it up. Make sure to check out the sponsers as well. You will save some money to get you started. Welcome to the forum if you have any questions dot be afraid to ask Im almost always around.

Thanks for the warm welcome SJ and yes I will not hesitate to ask any and all questions, if I can not find the answers I am looking for! I can already tell this is an incredible Canna forum, due to all of you fine member/growers.

TLO supersoil, is True Living Organics or True Living Organism super soil, in which you feed the soil/microbes, rather than feeding the plant itself. All of the nutrients are mixed into the soil itself, and the plant takes up just what it needs, when it needs it for the life cycle of the plant, IF the soil is properly am mended. So, the TLO supersoil mix like I use, is a water only mix, with no need to buffer the PH of your water.

Here is the list of ingredients in the mix that I am currently running.
PRO-MIX BX
Perlite (additional)
Steer Manure/Compost
Mexican bat guano
Indonesian bat guano
Jamaican bat guano
Peruvian seabird guano
Earthworm castings
Kelp Meal
Epsom Salt
Greensand
Rock phosphate
Crushed oyster shells
Dolomite lime
Azomite (trace minerals)
Humic/Fulvic Acids (granular)

Hope this answered your question my brother.

:peace:

oh I use most all of those already Except crushed oyster shell greensand rock phosphate and the steer manure . I had plans already to start using the indonesian and Jamaican bat guano though probably the grow after next when they will be able to veg longer. A lot of what you listed is already in foxfarms soils. I combine happy frog with ocean Forrest. I add a few special items as well. Good going though cant wait to see your grow journal.

Hello There,

I'm one of those indoor hydro people (with a few failures under my belt) so I am of no use at all to you :laughtwo: but I enjoyed the read and it looks great! Welcome!

:Namaste:

Thanks for the welcome LJ!

Back
Top Bottom